Bcc & Cc... what da? (1 Viewer)

BunJai

I'm dying here......
I failed IPT trials bcoz of this question (Catholic trial)....i'm crap in IPT anyway....

What are Bcc & Cc?
Their function and differences?

thanks

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
cc - carbon copy = same email sent to multiple people with a list of receivers

bcc - blind carbon copy = same email sent to multiple people without revealing who received it

you use a bcc when you want to send an email to a few people without them knowing who got it.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
CC = 'carbon copy'. It sends a copy of the email to the recipients listed in the box.
BCC = 'blind carbon copy'. Same as carbon copy, except that if an address is included in this box, it will be hidden from any other recipients, so that it appears as though it was never sent to the BCC address at all.

DeLiRiOuS

Originally posted by BunJai
I'm dying here......
I failed IPT trials bcoz of this question (Catholic trial)....i'm crap in IPT anyway....

What are Bcc & Cc?
Their function and differences?

thanks

YOU FAILED COZ OF THAT QUESTION! Did u do the rest of the exam?!?!..there were PLENTY more for u to fail on..trust me lol

BDC

I understand the difference between bcc and cc and stuff but is there a difference between TO: and CC: , are they the same?
Regards -Cam :confused:

mastermind

Originally posted by BDC
is there a difference between TO: and CC: , are they the same?
Regards -Cam :confused:
They're not the same, but their function is pretty similar. Its just - for this question - you would have to write something like:

"To:" is for the main recepient of the email, whereas "CC:" is for someone (possibly related to the content of the email) who needs a copy of the email, with the address SHOWN, and "BCC:" is for someone you want to send a copy of the email to, BUT not let the other "To:" and "CC:" recepients know

P.S. as said prev, you can have multiple recepients for each box (To, CC, and BCC), but the convention is for the main recepient in the To field etc.....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)