Bcom/Bsci- science majors and courses (1 Viewer)

mmm563166

HSC
So I'm currently interested in possibly doing a double degree of Bcom/Bsci but unsure on a few things for the Bsci science courses and majors. I'm thinking of majoring in either mathematics or statistics (or possibly psychology??) to complement my Bcom (also since I'm currently doing no sciences for my HSC)

So I figured I would most likely do a mathematics or statistics major, then to fill up my 96 science units of credit I would do PSYC and/or MATH?? But if I ended up doing psychology as an additional science course, I'm kinda concerned about how much basic knowledge is required of science in general, since I saw that bio, chem, phys etc were listed as recommended knowledge?

Also, what's the difference between Bcom/Bsci (majoring in mathematics for the science component) and Bcom/Bsci (advanced maths)?
Is the advanced maths as difficult as I sometimes hear it is (I also don't do X2). I'm getting average/bit above average for X1 (but at a top 5 ranked high school, if that helps at all??) but generally enjoy the subject- will I be able to cope with the maths haha

Thanks for any advice :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If you want to do a psych and math major you are going to have to do the prereq courses, whatever they may be.

sida1049

HSC
I'm very sure that first year psychology units don't assume any high school science knowledge. Even if they're listed, I think you should go for it, since I highly doubt they'll require a very knowledge of any of the HSC sciences (if at all).

From memory, the advanced maths degree at UNSW requires you to take an honours year in mathematics or statistics. So really, a maths/stats major in the normal science degree and the advanced maths degree are just as difficult (you can choose whether you want to take the higher units or the mainstream units).

And you should be fine, at least with the mainstream maths units. You can ease your way into the higher units down the line, if you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)