Bcom minors? (1 Viewer)

Validity

HSC
Is it worthwhile to do a minor for commerce and is it highly regarded by employers because I don't want to waste my time doing a minor if it won't be useful?
also, does anyone know if it's possible to do 2 majors and 1 minor?

Cheers.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Is it worthwhile to do a minor for commerce and is it highly regarded by employers because I don't want to waste my time doing a minor if it won't be useful?
also, does anyone know if it's possible to do 2 majors and 1 minor?

Cheers.
You probably can as I think you get 2 free subjects? Not sure. That might fit into a minor. I am not too sure how attractive minors are sorry.

suica

HSC
Does anyone know if it's possible to do 2 majors and 1 minor?
I think with the Accounting and Finance majors, you can free up an additional 12 UOC due to some courses counting towards both majors. But, I think that'll only leave you with 24 UOC (if you add 12 UOC from Gen. Ed.) to play around with, so you might be short 6 UOC for a business minor, or 12 UOC for a language minor. I'm guessing if you overload, you can do a business minor with two majors in time.

Validity

HSC
okay so judging by the replies, minors are not worth pursuing?

Also does anyone know of the job prospects of the following majors? (potential majors i could pursue however i would like to pursue one that has more jobs available and are more stable)

- Accounting
- Business economics
- Financial economics
- Business strat. & economic management
- Business law
- Finance
- Management
- Marketing

.. as you can see I am in a dilemma :(

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I would say Accounting and Finance would be easier to find jobs.

With economics, its really hard to find a job unless you have honours/PhDs.

Business Law you will be competing with Law students. An employer is more likely to employ a law student over a business law major student.

Management and Marketing I am not too sure. I will say Marketing is pretty niche.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)