"Because you're in Yr 12 and you have your HSC" (2 Viewers)

BigBadBader

HSC
Me: yeh im gonna go to my mates house
Dad: nope.
Me: why?
Dad: because you're in Yr 12 and you have your HSC.
me: -.-

mind you, i dont go out alot.

and this is my family friend which lives 5 min walk from me....

anyone else cops this?

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
nope my parents let me do what i wanted and trusted i was doing the right thing... until i was spending 12 hours a day at the library and they said i should spend more time at home.

they cant expect you to study 24/7 and as long as you can do your work as required there's no reason to not be able to see your friend. my best friend lives5 minutes from me and i think it's absurd to not be able to see them - the trials arent even in the next few weeks

HSC
Yeah my parents are pretty lenient. If they think I'm not doing enough study I just tell them to trust my judgement and that's that.

nojess

HSC
My parents are pretty much the opposite. They're worried about me studying too much (which I don't) and burning out, so they interrupt my studying and tell me to go out haha.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
My dad didn't care...

Till he found out that the final exam isn't worth 100% LOL.

In all seriousness, he doesn't put too much stress onto me, he knows that I know what I'm doing, and I'm not careless to the degree of 'not caring' or requiring 'assistance'.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeah, after my trial results came out my parents were like "study now so you don't fail in life, you have the rest of your life to party"

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, you guys are lucky!
My parents expect me to study 24/7 AND not go out! :(

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Studying 24/7 is bad for mental health. Individuals need to have a break once in a while to release stress.

merna7

HSC
im on the same boat as SGSII, my parents arnt strict but ever since i started year 12 they didnt let me go out as much.. if they were to go out i would have to stay home and 'study' which most of the time i dont... but they promised me alot of things if i get to uni considering my brother got kicked out of school last year like 1 month before the hsc and so my parents want the best for me (a good future).. and my mum always tells me that all my uncles and aunts and family friends always ask about how im doing at school and are depending on me and im just like okay lol....

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
im on the same boat as sgsii, my parents arnt strict but ever since i started year 12 they didnt let me go out as much.. If they were to go out i would have to stay home and 'study' which most of the time i dont... But they promised me alot of things if i get to uni considering my brother got kicked out of school last year like 1 month before the hsc and so my parents want the best for me (a good future).. And my mum always tells me that all my uncles and aunts and family friends always ask about how im doing at school and are depending on me and im just like okay lol....
lol

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
im on the same boat as SGSII, my parents arnt strict but ever since i started year 12 they didnt let me go out as much.. if they were to go out i would have to stay home and 'study' which most of the time i dont... but they promised me alot of things if i get to uni considering my brother got kicked out of school last year like 1 month before the hsc and so my parents want the best for me (a good future).. and my mum always tells me that all my uncles and aunts and family friends always ask about how im doing at school and are depending on me and im just like okay lol....
lol, I have the same problem, parents these days. They expect me to get 99.95 Atar and get into medicine. My whole family are doctors, so this motivates me sometimes to work my assoff and get a good future becoming a doctor.

Once, our HSC is over, then we all can party day and night.

merna7

HSC
yeah thats true, and yeah my parents want me to get a 90 aswell and im like yeah i dont think so.. every time my parents talk about other peoples children and say "ohh look at them they just came to australia and are now docters" blah blah and i was like yeah if i wanted to be a doctor i would be but i dont freakn want to!!!!

NWO

HSC
went out once with friends in so many years. they said u coulndt go after lol.

dibosh

HSC
it all depends on your nationality
not even joking bruvs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)