• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Beijing Olympics 2008 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
Robin Bell is a hottie :eek:

My comments from five hours ago triggered

-a Russian gold medal
-a German gold medal
-Two Australian non-swimming medals

:(

bawd

HSC
Random, ignorant question that I have never seemed to get answered. Is the gold in the Olympic gold medal made of 24 carat gold, or is it an alloy?

Crossed fingers for Hackett to make it to the 1500m Freestyle finals, Jessica Schipper to make it to the 200m Butterfly finals and both to win.

Last edited:

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
bawd said:
Random, ignorant question that I have never seemed to get answered. Is the gold in the Olympic gold medal made of 24 carat gold, or is it an alloy?

Crossed fingers for Hackett to make it to the 1500m Freestyle finals, Jessica Schipper to make it to the 200m Butterfly finals and both to win.
It'd be pretty sad if it wasn't real gold, but I'm just as clueless as you are. :eek:

bawd

HSC
Wassup? said:
It'd be pretty sad if it wasn't real gold, but I'm just as clueless as you are. :eek:
Yeah exactly. They always bite into the medal after they win, and since gold is malleable I'm supposing the medal is pure gold. Even the winners of Kid Nation got a pure gold star worth $50 thousand. It'd be pretty sad if the Olympic medal was an alloy. :mad1:

HSC
From memory, the gold medals are primarily made of silver, but with a gold surface.

How did Lleyton ever win Wimbeldon? :(

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
damn loving the women's football.. which is weird because i usually hate HATE it

japan are doing really well (few amazing shots), 1 - 1 atm with norway

SimonLee13

HSC
Silver Persian said:
From memory, the gold medals are primarily made of silver, but with a gold surface.

How did Lleyton ever win Wimbeldon? :(
Lleyton fluked Wimbledon, he has yet to accomplish anything close to that in the past few years.

old.skool.kid

HSC
Omg Phelps is a freak. I wish Thorpey wasnt so gay and was still racing that would be sweet match up.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
holy shit japan are owning! 4-1!!

too bad it's not a big match really.. but exciting stuff

edit: ..........5 - 1 lawl

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
SimonLee13 said:
Lleyton fluked Wimbledon, he has yet to accomplish anything close to that in the past few years.
yeah....complete fluke winning match after match after match convincingly. it's like 'oh whoops i won accidentally'.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Poo, silver for us in the three-day event. Germany got gold, Britain bronze.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
re: norway VS japan

last japan goal was cringeworthy for the norweigan goalie. japan owned the second half but it was still an average game. did they say norway gets through anyway because they already won two games? does japan get through to next round?

ps. horse events are still boring

oh and when that african guy got bronze which made it the first olympic medal for their country ever - that was good, he was so happy!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
your.knee said:
ps. horse events are still boring
Kindly bugger off, the equestrian events are amazing. They beat the bloody softball, that's for sure.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
yea but that german guy was good he just breezed through it and then when the aussie guy came on he sorta struggled, especially on that second red pole one. yea i know all the technical terms..

and i still haven't seen any male gymnastics *sigh*

edit:
Kwayera said:
Kindly bugger off, the equestrian events are amazing. They beat the bloody softball, that's for sure.
i know nothing about horses so when the dressage (?) is on all i see is a man/woman on a horse trotting around in a sandpit. the jumping ones are okay but still not too entertaining to me :eek: i'm not really a horse person if you can't tell ha

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)