Beijing Olympics 2008 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
hahaha olympic relay teams are crap. even at school carnivals and little aths basically all the teams get around without getting disqualified.

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
was it just me or did the Chinese crowd constantly boo whenever the Opals had free throws?

then when the Chinese players were up on the line, they were all chanting 'jia you'

I know they're supporting their team, but the constant booing is so disrespectful, for lack of a better word

tomjashrooms

HSC
THe game should have been boycotted hardcore for what they are doing to the Tobetans. Fucking squinty eyed ass holes lol I guess anyone can be an asshole even asians

Donski

HSC
N/A
hmmmm u know what Kohei Uchimura is so fineeee...hes killing me. I'm obsessed.

I can't take it any more...

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
aust has choked on so many games. the hockey teams, both men and women, water polo, michael diamond, etc. they were all pretty firm favourites.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Since stazi's in this thread a fair bit, I thought he'd like to know that there's a guy on the Russian volleyball team whose name is Semen.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
scarybunny said:
Since stazi's in this thread a fair bit, I thought he'd like to know that there's a guy on the Russian volleyball team whose name is Semen.
hhahahhahah awesome. i don't get it.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Oh there's no joke. I just thought it was a lovely name =)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh right. yes it does sound quite nice. Semen. Does it mean anything in Russian?

Salchow

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:
was it just me or did the Chinese crowd constantly boo whenever the Opals had free throws?

then when the Chinese players were up on the line, they were all chanting 'jia you'

I know they're supporting their team, but the constant booing is so disrespectful, for lack of a better word
Ahhh, but so is calling us assholes in a later post.

We're just normal people - really. You should really read David Rosenhan's article: Being Sane in Insane Places.

Why is it so acceptable, then, if you were all 'booing' at the Chinese? Would you have made a corresponding post?

Olympics brings us almost nothing good but further international demarcation and racism.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Booing during free throws is quite common and part of the game; part of having a home crowd advantage. Often the stadiums distribute fluoro wavey things at basketball games to distract the away teams.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
whoa what an amazing run by bolt again. 3rd world record

edit: silver in pole vault for us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)