being polite to ex's (1 Viewer)

helmut

HSC
a guy and a girl in an on off relationship for too long. happy to randomly mention other people/partners to each other. then it officailly becomes a "just friends" thing due to SOMEONE having moral issues...
is it okay for said boy to ring up after 2 weeks of not communicating, invite himself over whilst i have overseas relatives visting, Sit down and have him question me why i haven't talked to him [namely as i have been sick the entire week and why hasn't he called me??], then talk to my sister openly when he knows how much a can't stand my sister talking.

all i wanted was alone time for nice pleasent catch up. then he brings out the story of this girl that he met last week and my sister and him go on a massive tangent whilst i try to find something to do elsewhere. seeing as he's not <i>really</i> an ex. and i don't mind if he does start seeing other people one on one, do i have the right to say "hey, stop, it's ME time. if you want to talk about something private I'M here to talk to. you don't have to talk to my sister!"

Question: is he just being a boy and doing this to piss me off and rub it in my face [ie do i have the right to rub stuff back at him?], or is he just majorly excited about pulling an older foreign exchange student that he's happy to tell the whole world even in his normal shyness [ie should i be happy that he might actually be genuinely happy?]

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
sounds like you are just being bitchy.

Take an advil, relax and go to bed.

lengy

HSC
Relationship's ended, there's no perogative to be pleasant or welcoming. To some, the relationship ends, all communication ends. To others, if you separated on understanding terms, you may still be friends. If you're having problems post-relationship then lay down the rules. Alot of the time people aren't too sure how to deal with a former partner after a relationship, that's cause it's different for each person. Ask yourself if you still want him around, and how much and whether it's worth it. If you don't like something say it. Explain your point of view to him, people can't read minds. Miscommunication is misunderstanding and the source of alot of relationship problems from friends to lovers.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
No way.
Sounds like hes trying to make you jealous and he's going out of his way to do it.
Id go with the Swedish banker thing. ;)

S'tough sometimes. Ran into an ex I hadnt spoken to for months the other day (wearing no shoes), first thing he said "Youve put on weight"...

helmut

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Tell him your fucking a swedish banker

:uhhuh:
so what happens if i'm already doing that... ?

serius: thanks. the wonders of medicine and sleep. mind you, i could have been a major bitch and just told him to go home. instead i sulked in the corner and ate chocolate whilst him and my sister talked about relationship troubles

lengy: oh. we sat down and made rules. bloody engeneering students *no offence meant here* can only see in black and white. i've been obliged under certain circumstances to stay close friends with this guy, which isn't bad. but ever since the "just friends" thing it's like he feels too awkward about what he's doing/saying that any conversation seems fake and it kills me that he feels more comfortable talking to the person that he knows i despise, than to me.

helmut

HSC
yuuummm, shopping with other peoples money :D

yeah... i'm not actually :(
but he does have a hot looking single twin, so if it boils down to who can be the biggest bitch about the whole situation :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
helmut said:
yuuummm, shopping with other peoples money :D

yeah... i'm not actually :(
but he does have a hot looking single twin, so if it boils down to who can be the biggest bitch about the whole situation :)
oh :(

HE HAS A SINGLE TWIN?

OH MY GOD.

FUCK HIM!
THATS A REVENGE SWEETER THAN ARTIFICIAL SWEETENER
AND CASTOR SUGAR PUT TOGETHER!

helmut

HSC
having so many moral dilemmas about this...

could be quite easy aswell. seeing as when i met his twin we didn't know who each other were and could have a little more on our minds than "so can you pass this message on to your brother"

is revenge really that sweet, even if i don't really have an excuse for revenge in the first place?

*thinking bad thoughts*

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
helmut said:
having so many moral dilemmas about this...

could be quite easy aswell. seeing as when i met his twin we didn't know who each other were and could have a little more on our minds than "so can you pass this message on to your brother"

is revenge really that sweet, even if i don't really have an excuse for revenge in the first place?

*thinking bad thoughts*
revenge sucks really.

unless it's to a slightly anonymous person who fucked up your life.

getting revenge on someone you were friends with or had a relationship with (even if it wasn't really an actual relationship) really sucks cause then you feel guilty.

which is the worst thing ever.

just vent at him, explain your position and move on.

Riddles

4th Gen. Ford Supporter
good question! u can ask me that if we get there
HSC
Tulipa said:
revenge sucks really.

unless it's to a slightly anonymous person who fucked up your life.

getting revenge on someone you were friends with or had a relationship with (even if it wasn't really an actual relationship) really sucks cause then you feel guilty.

which is the worst thing ever.

smart young woman you r tulipa. dont listen 2 us blokes helmut. it is best 2 talk 2 another young woman about dis sort of problem.

mr_brightside

HSC
nah listen to us!

okay
truthfully.
best thing to do.

kick him in the groin and whilst singing Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman"

He'll get the message.

helmut

HSC
Tulipa said:
revenge sucks really.

sigh. true. looks so easy written down. but thanks for the honest opinion Tulipa...
ohhh, how i will vent

helmut

HSC
mr_brightside said:
kick him in the groin and whilst singing Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman"
i think i might do that anyway. he ran up and footy-tackled me a while ago because i wouldn't tell where i'd hidden my alcohol supply of girly drinks!

can't get thoughts of boys brother out my head now. garh. Tulipa i think you replied to this thread too late

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
helmut said:
i think i might do that anyway. he ran up and footy-tackled me a while ago because i wouldn't tell where i'd hidden my alcohol supply of girly drinks!

can't get thoughts of boys brother out my head now. garh. Tulipa i think you replied to this thread too late
kick him in the groin, flirt with the twin and if the twin responds hook up with him.

it could work.

but venting sounds best :uhhuh:

mr_brightside

HSC
helmut said:
Bring an assault charge on him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)