being Positive? (1 Viewer)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
Do many people believe if you think positive, you get positive things happening, and vice versa with negative?

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
A lot of professional athletes say that positive visualisation is a huge part of their preperation/training.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i wonder how it works? if you always think of the positives of any situation, and then the worst happens, surely you will remember each time, how positive thinking doesnt work, and you'll become a more and more negative person.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
Apparently there is a science behind it... cybernetics or something.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I'm not entirely sure I believe there is a direct, causal relationship between positive thinking and positive results, however I believe that when you think positively, you are more open to good things happenning...I believe you make your own luck, and this has the capacity to be greatly influenced by your state of mind and whether or not you choose to think positively.

olchik

HSC
I believe that and I try to follow this theory. But you know, sometimes it just doesn't work:(

olchik

HSC
69^boi said:
Do many people believe if you think positive, you get positive things happening, and vice versa with negative?
By the way, what is your point of view? Do you try to follow this theory?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you think positively, you would probably intepret everything that happens as positive (you lose your wallet, you think "It's a learning experience... don't do that next time!"). And if you think negativey, you probably would intepret everything as negative (i.e. you win the lottery "It's all going to be gone one day, I'd better not have too much fun and save it all!").

I_F

santaslayer

HSC
when i think negative, that is, i think of all the bad things that may happen in a certain situation, it usually turns out for the better.

when i think in a positive way and fail to consider all the factors surrounding a situation, it usually DOES happen. This pisses me right off! :p

Bboymot

Freshest member ever
HSC
Being positive is a frame of mind.

Being pessimistic is a sign of weakness.

People who dont understand probably never will. Leave them to think they have to choose between wisdom and happyness, they will never have either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)