• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Being Single - How to get a boyfriend?? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
faov said:
Hey,

Without sounding like a manwhore, I desperately want a bf but I don't know how to get one. I know, its not a simple question to answer, and there certainly isn't a cookie-cutter response you can give me, but I'm searching for stories on how you found a guy.

I've asked like 30 guys and they have all said no coz they're straight:( Sure, whatever. So, is there anywhere in Sydney which is, well, containing a lot of gay guys at certain times?

Thanks so much for your help!

btw. please do not reply if you are homophobic or not contributing positively to this discussion - thank you for your understanding
add vegesim@hotmail.com to msn, his name is cori and he is gay, he's always up for a bit of manlove.

faov

HSC
Graney said:
This might sound fucked, but when and how did you know you were gay?

I'm curious cause I feel so messed around inside, and I'm trying to work out my own issues.

I've been with girls before, but it was just kind of 'meh'. I think I might enjoy sex with a guy more... But I don't think I'd feel comfortable in an 'out' relationship with a guy.

Did your identity ever cause you any second thoughts, or was it always clear?
Hey :)

Glad to help. I've always thought I was gay, predominately because I considered guys to be attractive and girls to be different, like the people you talk to but don't touch or get involved with. I know that sounds like a really stupid view, but I've always known that I like boys. Plus there's the fact that guys make me hard and girls do nothing to me but make me puke. Please no one take offence, but girls don't look too good naked. That doesn't mean I can't look at a girl and be like - oh, she's hot, or she's ugly, but sexually they do nothing for me.

Plus I come from a fairly supportive background and all my friends are accepting, so being out isn't difficult. I knew I wouldn't be treated like dirt and feel way more comfortable saying I'm gay then pretending to be hetrosexual (I did until I was 14). However, I don't have a bf! Still!

I like being gay - I suppose I identify+like the lifestyle more. I'm not too sure what I'm going to be like at age 80 with my boy... that feels rather awkward at this stage, but yeah... I know I'm gay and pretending to be straight is not beneficial to anyone. By lifestyle, hopefully I'm not too sheltered if I say I want to be like Marc from Ugly Betty (he is my fictional character idol, Paris Hilton is my real life living idol) - I just like the environment. Does that make sense??

Maybe you're bi???

xoxo

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Try a gay youth group - there are a couple in each region though I know alot of other gay guys refer to them as day care but at least you'll meet boys you're own age and stuff. As for the internet ... well since mogenic is down, myspace is probably the gayest online network that you could access - most of the others are for 18 and overs. Alot of guys form relationhips off of myspace to the point where I'm freaked out at how often it happens, hell of alot of sluts on there too though. Just make sure you're careful - meet in a neutral place etc.

Gurlpower

HSC
why dont you try oneof those bug parties....

i hear you get the chance to have a cock in your mouth there....

faov

HSC
Gurlpower said:
why dont you try oneof those bug parties....

i hear you get the chance to have a cock in your mouth there....
maturity, please

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
alby said:
where's the other one?

and faov: dont take things so seriously! things said on here are either serious or sarcastic...you need to learn to tell the difference
The one at Piccadilly. Blue Spot, or something Spot. reaaallllyyyy seedy.

sthcross.dude

HSC
isnt there are website that lists all the gay pick up bathrooms in sydney. apparently the one at David Jones in the city is one.

faov

HSC
FireFlower said:
When I was in highschool there was only one gay girl in my year. She basically always had a girlfriend. I think she used to go to some kind of support group for gay teenages, which was where she met her girlfriends. (she was underage at the time, so like you she couldn't do the whole club scene)

I realise that just because people share the same sexuality doesn't mean that they have anything else in common, but you might find it helpful to spend some time with other gay people your age. You might even find your special boy, or make some good friends. At the very least you'll find out how other gay people met their boyfriends/girlfriends.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm fairly certain that there are support groups out there, I just have nfi where to find them.
Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate you providing me with some actual, helpful suggestions. Its encouraging :) Like you, I don't know where to find these support groups, but I'll follow your advice and try to find one.

Thanks again :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
faov said:
Thank you for your advice! I really appreciate you providing me with some actual, helpful suggestions. Its encouraging :) Like you, I don't know where to find these support groups, but I'll follow your advice and try to find one.

Thanks again :)
I found them just by using google intelligently; didn't end up going though. So just search for 'sydney gay youth', then bingo, you'll have it.

Gurlpower

HSC
you know society is going downhill when your actively encouraging this perverted behaviour.

dont get me wrong, tolerance is one thing but openly looking for gay sex is just .... yuck.

seriously man you need some pussy.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Gurlpower said:
you know society is going downhill when your actively encouraging this perverted behaviour.

dont get me wrong, tolerance is one thing but openly looking for gay sex is just .... yuck.

seriously man you need some pussy.
uh...leave him alone? it's none of your business what his preferences are.

also he seems to be looking for a relationship, not just sex, if i read correctly.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
sthcross.dude said:
isnt there are website that lists all the gay pick up bathrooms in sydney. apparently the one at David Jones in the city is one.
lol, the men's bathroom a few doors down from my old work was one as well apparently.

And you two insular little kiddies who are trying to condemn this guy, get out. He's doing you no harm. He's comfortable with who he is. Respect it.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Town Hall station toilet is. I don't like going in there, it's really weird - but after needing to piss for the entire 20 minute train ride to the city sometimes you have to.

Gurlpower

HSC
Lizakith said:
And you two insular little kiddies who are trying to condemn this guy, get out. He's doing you no harm. He's comfortable with who he is. Respect it.
thats the problem.

were all too comfortable with it.

the children of the next few generations are going to look up to this generation and this is not good benchmark behaviour.

go to a gay website. not a school based forum.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Gurlpower said:
thats the problem.

were all too comfortable with it.
How is that a problem? Didn't your parents tell you that everyone is equal regardless of color, race, gender etc?

the children of the next few generations are going to look up to this generation and this is not good benchmark behaviour.
Why not? He's embracing his sexuality and being comfortable in his own skin. What's the matter with encouraging that?

go to a gay website. not a school based forum.
He's still in school and looking for help in finding similar aged guys who are also gay. He's not quite old enough to be looking at some of the gay websites.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
ViRtUaL said:
the matter is that it gives the impression to future generations that homosexuality is perfectly normal and problem-free,
YAY GOOD FANTASTIC. I really don't see a problem with that.

which it is not, because it causes so much problems in not only their lives
Like?

but to their families and ppl they know as well.
How? It's their personal sexuality. They were born with it. It's not like they can flip a switch and be "not gay". Also, the reason any problems might arise is because people aren't accepting of it and they make it a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)