Belonging Definition (1 Viewer)

noturningback

HSC
This is my conclusion for a speech on belonging:

In conclusion, Belonging is much more then simply sharing interests and connecting with other like-minded individuals. It is an inherent human condition that defines our perspective of the world around us, is a vital factor to the development of identity and ultimately, is driven by our eternal search for integrity and contentment.

Constructive critisism/comments would be appreciated.

noturningback

HSC
Hate to double post but it's been a day and not a single reply, if anyone could give me any comments at all that would be really great.
Thanks

lolrofllol

HSC
I think it's because noone can see anything wrong with it?

Seems like a perfect conclusion to me.

N

Nicola1616

If it's a speech on belonging it kind of depends what your thesis was - but you should probably include a persona response about how examining texts has broadened your view of yourself and the world around you blah blah. It's a critical part of this area so I think that's worthwhile. Also if you want to say more that you have you could consider expanding upon your first sentence, that is you say what belonging isn't but your next sentence doesn't really say what it is other than we yearn and strive to have it. May be expand on what you mean by integrity. I would try and say what you think real, palpable, secure, belonging is or feels like. Maybe you could also think about things like if you do belong - is there any certainty attached to that? Just because you belonging in one area of your life does it mean it flows into others? Is belong something we cherish or just accept unconsciously until it's taken from us and this idea of it being 'ours', is this a fallacy? Can it disappear in an instant?

I don't know - just some ideas

Zozaline

HSC
it's pretty good and i agree that it does depend on your thesis and your related/core texts and the concepts of belonging you are actually exploring. Maybe you should talk about fluidity/transience of belonging. Otherwise Nicola has pretty much said it. good luck

kwsgirl

HSC
i think its a very good conclusion to a speech. but remember its not only what you say in the speech but HOW well you say it.

but good job :)

hazmatt_05

HSC
Never use "in conclusion" or use the word "conclusion" at all within your conclusion. It just doesn't sound right. Hope that helps whoever.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Never use "in conclusion" or use the word "conclusion" at all within your conclusion. It just doesn't sound right. Hope that helps whoever.
Nothing wrong with using 'in conclusion'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)