Belonging Question Predictions. (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
hopefully something broad like "show that belonging can emerge from connections with people, places and communites"
That would be too easy and they would want to avoid that because literally the entire state could rewrite a memorised essay

2xL

HSC
hopefully something broad like "show that belonging can emerge from connections with people, places and communites"
people and place was last year...don't think they'll do a round 2 of the same question. 2 years in a row.

humbletaco

HSC
N/A
It'll be belonging to self and how it's influenced by the wider community/people around them with a personal reflection

choiyokbao

HSC
Hi guys.... i think i know how many texts they will specify for belonging.....

I think that they will say at least one other related and one text from the comprehension section... this is what they did in 2007 (one year before syllabus changed.. just like us)

While this is a guess... it holds some weight

:)
wait, so does that mean you would have to write/use a text given in section 1 for the section 3 essay?

melwoods1994

HSC
Whatever it is, it probably will not be anything we have not practiced/studied.
However, BOS does have the tendency of being unadulterated sadists:p (2011 Mod B)[/QUOTE

Reckon they would specify a text again?
I honestly hope that they don't, because they did it last year, and it seems that everyone struggled with it. So fingers crossed they don't!

And I'm hoping for maybe experiences, or identity.

Lucas_

HSC
A HSC English marker told me that she is tipping "community" to be the belonging focus this year.

Lucas_

HSC
does anyone know what was the independant paper question for section 3?
or could anyone give me a practice question?
Hey Kev,

It was similar to the past HSC question from either 2009 or 2010 - the "to what extend" one

humbletaco

HSC
N/A
In reflection I don't think it will be community. It's not something that they can focus an essay on as some texts may not relate to communities. For example, I am doing Garden State as a related material and there is no community or groups in that, more so it's his connection with friend through their shared plight/his lack of personal identity. Community would be something that you would more so add in to enhance the profundity of your essay

edit: If you're talking about community, that lends itself to group. So in turn, could you mention family as a community? If so, then What I've just stated above can be disputed

ylhd

HSC
In reflection I don't think it will be community. It's not something that they can focus an essay on as some texts may not relate to communities. For example, I am doing Garden State as a related material and there is no community or groups in that, more so it's his connection with friend through their shared plight/his lack of personal identity. Community would be something that you would more so add in to enhance the profundity of your essay

edit: If you're talking about community, that lends itself to group. So in turn, could you mention family as a community? If so, then What I've just stated above can be disputed
Was wondering the same thing. Does family count as community?

Lolzipops

HSC
In regards to texts reflecting the way attitudes are modified over time.. does that refer to contextual attitudes or attitudes held by characters within the text itself?

expectation

HSC
would this be a legit question for community?

a connection to community brings about a sense of belonging, discuss..etc

and could someone post up a very generic and simple question for identity? im planning to do practice essays on both community and identity now

Last edited:

Tribey

HSC
I don't know how many others did "Heat and Dust" but despite it being absolutely awful to read at the time (for me at any rate) it turns out it pretty much covers every aspect of belonging they could ask about.
Anyway in relation to the thread, I think it will be rather obscure or abstract, something that will have been hard to predict, because they will be overcompensating for last years media attention over how predictable it was...

Tribey

HSC
would this be a legit question for community?

and could someone post up a very generic and simple question for identity? im planning to do practice essays on both community and identity now
"A strong sense of identity is the foundation for belonging"
How does your prescribed text and two related texts of your own choosing promote this idea?

saaamui

HSC
I seriously hope they won't do a "and TWO OTHER RELATED TEXTS".

osak23

HSC
N/A
fark!!

is it just me or is 2010 hsc comprehension lot harder than cssa 2012 or hsc 2011...

mind blank.....

WhatCnut

HSC
Uni Grad
How would you link a question on global communties to The Crucible?
Context of the book is 1960 America with the Communist witch hunt - link back your thesis points to the book's context, and there you have it, a nice essay on global communities.

Anyone think they'll specify to use two related texts?

crazyAlf

HSC
I don't think any of you realise that they can actually ask: In engaging with a text, the responder may experience being included or excluded from the text. Explore
or
Engagement is influenced by the different ways perspectives are given voice or absent from the text. Explore

Then everyone is screwed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)