Belonging - Related Text Suggestions (AYLI) (1 Viewer)

copynpaste

HSC
Hi, I'm having trouble finding an appropriate related texts for my core text, As You Like It (that haven't been popular choices in the past, eg. Tim Winton - The Turning). Does anyone have any recommendations for short stories/poems that involve belonging to place?

Ellaphant

HSC
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad is a good one! :)

edit: whoops, forgot to mention it's a novel HAHAHA but yeah, it is really good if you're looking for texts in terms of belonging to place

AwkwardAnchor

HSC
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad is a good one! :)

edit: whoops, forgot to mention it's a novel HAHAHA but yeah, it is really good if you're looking for texts in terms of belonging to place
Just a reminder that if you have learnt the text previously in school, you're not allowed to use it as a related text.

Not sure about you guys, but we did Conrad's Heart of Darkness in year 11. :)

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
Just a reminder that if you have learnt the text previously in school, you're not allowed to use it as a related text.

Not sure about you guys, but we did Conrad's Heart of Darkness in year 11. :)
You CAN, but it's not recommended. That said, if you do it WELL it can be rewarded

Ellaphant

HSC
Probably a late post/reply BUT ANYWAY...
Yes you can use previous texts studied in school but yes.. it is not recommended. (I think it's because they'd rather have you independently look for a text to analyse rather than something you may have already done.)

I didn't do Heart of Darkness at school in my junior years and preliminary year though so it's aight LOL. I'm actually regretting it though because I don't even enjoy the text very much ; n ;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)