Best approach to pulling an all-nighter (1 Viewer)

Fawun

Queen
HSC
I strongly feel that these comments do not help the OP and thus are not welcome here. He asked for tips on how to stay up; not how to manage his time/schedule/study patterns. Just saying.
I think that these comments are just trying to help OP by telling him ways to avoid pulling all-nighters altogether (his body will thank him later) but it just came off in a "mean" way.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
I pulled all nighters in prelim and i dont regret it, in fact they helped me prepare for all the all nighters i pulled in my hsc year lol.

kobemelobron

HSC
N/A
All nighters as long as they're not back-to-back or too frequent are alright. During the day you'll feel extremely sluggish - But if you complete your assignment, hey, not bad.

SCAR_Blade

HSC
everyone seems to be saying comfort is a bad thing, im aware that you need to be able to stay awake for a whole night to do an all nighter, but at the same time your notgoing to get much work done if your fidgeting from discomfort the whole time or just generally being distracted. aim for a bit of balance. and it doesnt hurt to drop your work and do twenty push ups or sit up (or any excercise for that matter) every couple of hours or so, it gets your adrenaline running effeciently enough to keep you awake

ebbygoo

HSC
everyone seems to be saying comfort is a bad thing, im aware that you need to be able to stay awake for a whole night to do an all nighter, but at the same time your notgoing to get much work done if your fidgeting from discomfort the whole time or just generally being distracted. aim for a bit of balance. and it doesnt hurt to drop your work and do twenty push ups or sit up (or any excercise for that matter) every couple of hours or so, it gets your adrenaline running effeciently enough to keep you awake
This seems right down your alley OP.

EDIT: I'm legit

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I move the kettle to my desk along with instant coffee powder and drink about three cups an hour (but I generally have two to four cups a day, so if you don't normally drink it don't have that much suddenly) and buy one (or two...) blocks of chocolate. Every now and then its geed to get up and walk around. Having a shower can really help, but if it's warm you get sleepy so maybe not for the best. Good luck, I've been there a multitude of times and know how much it sucks :(

theomen131

HSC
N/A
1.) LISTEN TO SOOTHING MUSIC... loud music is bad. it distracts your mind even more... listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-ejnsVCgM (skyrim soundtrack - something nice and soothing)
2.) BE ORGANISED! organisation is the key (even though its an all nighter due to unorganisation :p) you need this to when your tired to dont waste time and energy looking for crap
3.) caffeine really does help
4.) open window/ get a fan because when your tired you sweat naturally and you need to cool down
5.) keep your room well lit (yellow colour is best as it is closest to natural and helps give a 'day' feeling)

Done design and technology... i pull all nighters every portfolio i have to do for this. And also do it for everything else! ^_^ Good luck

wagig

HSC
Good!
Tonights till 1; tomorrows until i get it done.
(Rhyming scheme ftw)

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
I was up until 1am for my half yearly, and woke up at 4am. Drank 3 cans of V
and felt like shit in the morning. My stomach felt all puzzled, my muscles were constantly twitching...
It was fucking shit!
Dont do it

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Watch the language drifting, you do not want to denounce the positive nature of this forum.
shit, don't want to get banned like Spiritual being. If that happens though, I'll just make another 3 accounts using the same IP address like him.

confusedstudent

HSC
ok, i do this stuff alot and this is what ive learnt:

DO NOT STOP OR REST. you WILL fall asleep, and if u dont, it will make you really tired just by resting your head on the desk.

dont overdo the stimulants/sugar, u will feel like shit. eat something with carbs like 2 min noodles or toast

drink lots of water because its easier for your brain to function when you drink heaps, and it gets ur blood circulating when you go for a whiz

have like a 8hr Mozart soundtrack from youtube playing softly all the time(or whatever floats your boat, classical is just good for concentration)

perhaps have a nap as soon as you get home from school just to recoperate a bit before doing this to yourself, even a 20min nap can help your brain immensely

lhave a plan for what your going to get done, and have a time schedule to do it in. if you dont finish a task in time, just move on to the next one and finish it at the end if you have time.

assume time goes twice as fast in all nighters so ALLOW EXTRA TIME!!!

take breaks when you stop being productive. watch a utube vid or if your not scared of being mugged do some laps of the block. its really good for waking u up and refreshing yourself. have a shower as some point too thats good aswell.

if you have your ps or bike ls, do a maccas run. this is good because it keeps your mind stimulated on by road but uses a different part of your brain so the parts for studying get some rest. all nighters put massive strain on your brain, so be gentle with it, u only get one and u need to use it the next day.

on breaks/showers/maccas runs ect, STICK TO A TIME FRAME! dont let yourself waste all your study time!

yeah thats all i can think of now. just beware that the next day you will be a sloth so always be active and dont rest or you will nod off....

good luck :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)