Best books to go along with textbook? (1 Viewer)

Mikdin11

HSC
I'm going into year 11 and doing extension maths, and was wondering if there are any study/revision/topic test books worth picking up alongside my textbook? Or if it's just better to stick to learning from your textbook and doing past papers you find online? Thanks!

Epicman69

HSC
I'm going into year 11 and doing extension maths, and was wondering if there are any study/revision/topic test books worth picking up alongside my textbook? Or if it's just better to stick to learning from your textbook and doing past papers you find online? Thanks!
I just did whatever my tutoring gave me and school homework if I had the time/felt like it lol. Then I would just grind out as many past papers as I can and it turned out pretty good :D

Mikdin11

HSC
I just did whatever my tutoring gave me and school homework if I had the time/felt like it lol. Then I would just grind out as many past papers as I can and it turned out pretty good :D
Awesome :) Thank you, do you think tutoring is a necessity for year 11? I'm thinking of getting a tutor for physics and maths extension, but not 100% sure if I'll need it for year 11. I guess I'll go through the first term and see how it is without a tutor.

Epicman69

HSC
Awesome :) Thank you, do you think tutoring is a necessity for year 11? I'm thinking of getting a tutor for physics and maths extension, but not 100% sure if I'll need it for year 11. I guess I'll go through the first term and see how it is without a tutor.
Well, I think it is very beneficial provided you can afford it. Personally, I would definitely recommend a tutor for Maths and Physics as the content they teach you at school (in my experience at least) are just not suitable. Some centres I recommend for Maths are Ngo and Sons, Dr Du and for Sciences I'd say Zhangs if you can go really fast or Matrix which is slower.

Btw only go to a centre based tutoring if you want to get ahead like learning 1 or 2 modules ahead of your school, if not/if you are struggling a little bit make sure to get a private tutor as they can stylise your lessons and help you more.

Mikdin11

HSC
Well, I think it is very beneficial provided you can afford it. Personally, I would definitely recommend a tutor for Maths and Physics as the content they teach you at school (in my experience at least) are just not suitable. Some centres I recommend for Maths are Ngo and Sons, Dr Du and for Sciences I'd say Zhangs if you can go really fast or Matrix which is slower.

Btw only go to a centre based tutoring if you want to get ahead like learning 1 or 2 modules ahead of your school, if not/if you are struggling a little bit make sure to get a private tutor as they can stylise your lessons and help you more.
Awesome, thank you :) I really do prefer the one-on-one teaching style of a private tutor, over a tutoring center so I will probably go with that. I do like to get ahead, I've covered most of the mod 1 content for yr11 already so I'll see how it goes! Thanks for all your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)