Best Business Magazines Subscription Recommendations (1 Viewer)

feedmemore

HSC
Hi

What are the best business magazines subscription that you can use to relate / integrate to a bachelor of business degree such as in assignments, notes and exams

Thanks

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
AFR online subscription - same content as paper. Costs about $100 for students.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Obviously this depends on the major you're doing, but The Economist is a great publication if you want to be clued in about international affairs with some decent analysis thrown in to boot.

It's pricey and you could get a lot of this information from other sources, but I reckon it's pretty handy if you're looking to save some time.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Australian Financial Review or
Time Magazine for the general stuff.

However, it is probably a good idea to subscribe on Twitter to the above magazines and aforementioned magazines in previous posts.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say it depends if you'd actually read it. When I was a student, I found BRW to be much more useful and enjoyable to read compared to AFR. The AFR is great if you read it daily and benefit from the level of detail it offers, but if you're trying to find things to relate to in your studies as opposed to the latest/most current news, I think BRW is more useful.

For industry specific things such as banking and debt markets, you'll find that a lot of major banks including the Big 4 accounting firms often publish thought leadership on a regular basis (e.g. quarterly banking analysis). In addition when you're in uni, a lot of them offer access through Factiva and IBIS world which you can use to access other journals/publications/articles.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
I get the bloomberg briefs sent to me now so I won't decide on a subscription until later. Although I do prefer physical copies of news readings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)