Best engineering school? (1 Viewer)

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I find this heartily amusing.
Look up the universitiy national rankings for engineering and science based courses...you may not find it quite as amusing (considering its #1 and all)

Btw, I'm not talking about the melbourne model based degree. I'm talking about BENG. Seems like a much better system to me. But can't be studied after semester 1 of 2010.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
USNW, then University of Melbourne.

Don't worry about fees, you can just put it on your HECS debt and worry about it once you start working.

spartan31234

HSC
"University of Melbourne" that is ture.. but who would want to go to melbourne

in NSW Usyd is best for aerospace and mechatronics -

UNSW civil , IT ect

but MIT owns all

kazoospasm

HSC
Look up the universitiy national rankings for engineering and science based courses...you may not find it quite as amusing (considering its #1 and all)

Btw, I'm not talking about the melbourne model based degree. I'm talking about BENG. Seems like a much better system to me. But can't be studied after semester 1 of 2010.
I would warn against basing your choice of university on rankings. Most are concerned with academia and research, with mean very little to an undergrad student.
UoM's engineering faculty profits from the fact that it is usually grouped with science in the rankings, and their BSc course is regarded very highly (pre Melbourne Model anyway). The only reputable rankings I could find for pure engineering (Times 04/05) ranked Monash the highest in Aus.

With the exception seems to be chemical engineering branch, the accounts I've heard from people who have studied or lectured there are mainly negative. And Engineering at Monash has been in higher demand for years despite being less prestigious and far less convenient for most.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
hi there

i was tossing up between USYD and UNSW back in the day, but after visiting both unis I chose UNSW

just from visiting the campus, you could tell that the USyd engineering faculty was heaps smaller and all the buildings were in a really derro part of campus, but at UNSW engineering takes pride of place :)

the advantage of choosing the larger engineering faculty (especially with electrical engineering) is that in 3rd and 4th years there are HEAPS more electives to choose from at UNSW, at the other unis where electrical engineering is not as large there are fewer electives.

but just go to the open days, and choose whatever uni you like the best.

and yes i agree, rankings mean sweet fa for undergraduate degrees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)