BEST english tutoring?? (1 Viewer)

Always

HSC
What do you think is the best way to go about english tutoring? Private one-on-one or group tuition? Any recommendations?

Also, does anyone know of any hsc markers in the st. george area (or anywhere else) that are good tutors?

Price isn't a problem as long as they're really good!

Thanks everyone! <3

P

pLuvia

Private is the best in my opinion. But sometimes if the tutor isn't good, he/she will not do anything. While in a group the tutor must follow a set routine they must teach but not as a effective.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
on 2 one is the best, i used to go to class tutors, like group tutoring, and i hated it, never used to learn much, it was a waste of time and money, and ive had one 2 one tutoring for nearly the past year and its the most effective by my experience.

Always

HSC
rnitya_25 said:
on 2 one is the best, i used to go to class tutors, like group tutoring, and i hated it, never used to learn much, it was a waste of time and money, and ive had one 2 one tutoring for nearly the past year and its the most effective by my experience.
How do they teach you? i.e. do they give you material or do you have to provide everything yourself? And how did you find your tutor? Is he/she a teacher, hsc marker, student, etc.?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions! :p hehe, thanks!

P

pLuvia

I had a good English group tutor, he was the best English teacher in the College. He sort of made the group tutor like a private :p

Always

HSC
Where did you go? :D Haha, I'm so desperate for an english tutor it's not funny.

P

pLuvia

I went to the head centre of North Shore, in Chatswood. I had the head english teacher for north shore in NSW :)

Always

HSC
"Went" meaning you don't go anymore? Where do you go these days? Chatswood is way too far for me. :(

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
one on one is clearly the best, not just for english but any subject. i know of a maths tutor in homebush who takes huge classes (like 15 ppl all packed in a small room) but he's so good that ppl will pay to go to that. on the other hand, some convinced him to have a one on one session and i'm sure that would have been more effective. mind you, in one to one, you have to call the shots, too - can't just leave the talking all up to your tutor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)