Best-Friend: Friendship over... (1 Viewer)

JohnnoC

HSC
I've had a best friend that I've known since kindergarten. Now im in year 12, and they talk to me, but i know that they don't really like me anymore. They're both Indian, and don't really like hanging out with us asians, but are always wanting to hang out with white people in our school. i dont understand what is happening, they both disregard me in invitations to parties with my own friends, and treat me as a stranger nowadays. i mean we used to go to each other's houses every day in the holidays every holiday in primary school up to year 9. from year 9, they changed and disregarded me, saying that i dont know any girls and can't really talk to people. they laugh and joke around and talk to so many white people, but when they see me, they act as if im a dickhead or another "fucking" asian or a nobody that has no friends in school. i mean it really hurts my feelings now that they act so up themselves infront of me, thinking that their Indian and they are more "white" than me. they try so hard to be white. i mean they would even go to the extent of laughing, smiling and talking to random white people that they've never seen before, and act as if im not even there. i walk past them and they dont say hi or even acknowledge my presence. I know Indians are known to be selfish, arrogant, stubborn and up themselves, but why does it seem that every single one of them in my school act like this? i mean, i treat every race in our school equally? they act mean to me. for e.g. INDIAN FRIEND: Are you going to the formal? Really? Have you even been to a formal before?
ME: Yes, this is my first time, im bringing a girl.
INDIAN FRIEND: Do you even know any girls? which table are you sitting at? who's group do u hang out with?
ME: Your my friend, you can be on my table?
INDIAN FRIEND: No im with the white guys on their table?
I've come to a conclusion and have noticed that a lot of indians are mean, racist and stubborn, arrogant and selfish. they are so upthemselves and try so hard to be white.

ShayK

HSC
I'm really sorry. I feel bad. I'm Indian and now wonder if I'm mean, racist and stubborn, arrogant and selfish :( ...Maybe I am.

But what I can advice is: You are too good for them. Just concentrate on your studies/HSC and yeah. There's a reason that people often lose connection. They were just too much of a drag to be in your present/future. It is their loss to lose a friend who was always there for them since kindergarten. Don't worry, just be happy! :) Disregard them and what not! As for formal, shows why they don't have girls, cos they are too hard being white and show offs :p

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I thought it was the other way around? Indians are usually the target of racism. I know a few Indians/Pakistanis and they're cool, not stubborn or anything. I reckon it's just them two trying to be white. Like ShayK said, Disregard them and acquire aggregate.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
^^Let them be, obviously they are not you're friends anymore.
Just sht on them in the HSC.

Elisa Sweet

HSC
Ignore them back. Concertrate on your studies. And who cares if you have a date? Just show them you know how to have fun without 'em.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Dude yr 12, a month and you won't know them anymore. Just smash their ATAR's and pick up a few bitches by waving yours around, you'll be the one having the last laugh.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't focus on the distractions. There will be plenty of fishes in the sea at uni and in the future.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
What the heck

since what does this thread have to do with me

You're still frustrated at how I'm not single eh....
Nah, you always give me the shits coz I dont like any girls at school, I've been telling you the whole time, that Uni is where the 'fish' are.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't worry about it too much - friendships break and sometimes you drift apart but the good friends will find their way back.

loversinjapan

Swag Queen
HSC
on top of all the great advice that has already been posted, remember that you've met a very small minority of indians - you'll meet plenty of others that are awesome

stickywages

HSC
N/A
This is not because they are Indian, but because they are acting on their insecurities.
They are searching ways in life to help them fill up the "gaps" in their hearts, to improve their self-esteem;
it's not the best way but it's the way they are doing it.
Good news is, you have found out who are your friends, and can now move on to making new and more genuine friends.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)