best friend V. boyfriend? (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
Just wondering about ppl's situations regarding the balance between bf and bestie.
My situation is pretty much this: I live around 3hrs away from my best friend, who has a bf (he's a really nice guy). Trouble is whenever I actually come home I organize to see my bestie...which is great....and she brings her boyfriend.
I think they're a great couple, but I generally only see my bestie once every 3 mnths in uni hols, and when we do meet up I wanna chat to her, not turn away embarrassed because she's snogging her boyfriend over the table.
The thing is she spends every night at her bfs.....and I see her once every 3mnths...
Dunno has any1 else been through this?

Pace_T

HSC
hannahxxx said:
Just wondering about ppl's situations regarding the balance between bf and bestie.
My situation is pretty much this: I live around 3hrs away from my best friend, who has a bf (he's a really nice guy). Trouble is whenever I actually come home I organize to see my bestie...which is great....and she brings her boyfriend.
I think they're a great couple, but I generally only see my bestie once every 3 mnths in uni hols, and when we do meet up I wanna chat to her, not turn away embarrassed because she's snogging her boyfriend over the table.
The thing is she spends every night at her bfs.....and I see her once every 3mnths...
either get a new best friend or talk to her about it, but try not to be the slightest bit rude coz she'd probably take it the wrong way...

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Pace_T said:
either get a new best friend or talk to her about it, but try not to be the slightest bit rude coz she'd probably take it the wrong way...
tl;dr

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
Ugh, hate those people. Clingy ftl :(

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Just let her get over her bf then move in for the kill:)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Take her out to a waxing salon or some shit, he will not go - ever.

Skeeta

HSC
i dont have a problem being the third wheel with couples, unless they're the mushy type. Then i want to bromit profusely from my nostrils. Just hanging out with mates is good for both you and them.

Seriously though, just tell her you dont care if he hangs out with you both (unless you do..?) and just say their mushiness makes you want to barf. If they dont turn it down, just say you she's different when she's with him and/or plan a girly night or whatever it is you want to do.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
katykins said:
wtf man if you never see her and youre supposed to be best friends then her bringing her boyfriend is just plain fucking rude/selfish. especially if she lives with him!

tell her to stick it.
yeah i agree with ^^

it can't be that hard for her to give up a day or two without him if you hardly get to see each other...and if it is that hard, then she's just being selfish imo. i see my bestie about once every few months as well and if either of us started acting like this chick the other would definitely have something to say about it! tell her how you're feeling.

Legham

HSC
Mates before dates, Bros before Hoes, and all that jazz..

munchybuddy

HSC
katykins said:
wtf man if you never see her and youre supposed to be best friends then her bringing her boyfriend is just plain fucking rude/selfish. especially if she lives with him!

tell her to stick it.
Thats exactly wat i think, u no wat, if she really cant leave her boyfriend alone for 5 minutes for u then shes not worth it. I would so be gettin myself a new bestie

alby

cool duckie
HSC
next time you arrange something just ask to do it as the 2 of you...specify that otherwise she'll keep bringing her bf. and if you dont mind the fact that her boy is actually there, then just pull her aside and ask if they can limit the mushyness

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
hannahxxx said:

yes.

it's selfish as everyone else has said. Maybe it's not meant that way though. But yeah, if they bring their bf you generally get to say 'hi' and you get to say 'bye' and that's about it.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
the mushy stuff in front of company is a real mood dampener I think. I make sure that i dont make anyone uncomfortable when I'm with my bf and my friends. They dont always return it though. so in a way i'm in the same situation as you although she lives 5 minutes up the road.

sophie1989

HSC
yeah u cant ditch your friends for some guy !!!!!!!!!!! thats just weird and would be funny if it didnt work out and then you had no friends lol

K

katie_tully

tough call. i neglected friends during HS coz of the bf, then we broke up and i had to start over with the friends.
surely you can balance the two

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)