Best IPAD for school? (1 Viewer)

moonsuyoung

HSC
Hi!
I'm looking for an IPAD that's really cheap and great for school! I'll just be using it to take notes and nothing else. Is there any models you recommend?

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Hi!
I'm looking for an IPAD that's really cheap and great for school! I'll just be using it to take notes and nothing else. Is there any models you recommend?
If you are looking for an ipad thats cheap, then I would steer away from the ipad pros. Personally i use the ipad air, but even then itll be 1.2k with apple pencil. If thats too expensive, then i would go for the normal ipad. its like 700 or smthing i think, but with the apple pencil till be close to 900. Another option is to go for a second hand/previous model I think those go for even cheaper at 500 (w/o apple pencil).

Honestly speaking if its jsut for notes and nothing else, then any ipad would work, just depends how much you are willing to pay. I would even recommend getting a samsung tablet or smthing cus apple is overpriced lol

I think apple offers student discounts, but you will have to check ( i got mine when there was an uni discount, came with like 10% off and free airpods)

hope taht helps :)

moonsuyoung

HSC
If you are looking for an ipad thats cheap, then I would steer away from the ipad pros. Personally i use the ipad air, but even then itll be 1.2k with apple pencil. If thats too expensive, then i would go for the normal ipad. its like 700 or smthing i think, but with the apple pencil till be close to 900. Another option is to go for a second hand/previous model I think those go for even cheaper at 500 (w/o apple pencil).

Honestly speaking if its jsut for notes and nothing else, then any ipad would work, just depends how much you are willing to pay. I would even recommend getting a samsung tablet or smthing cus apple is overpriced lol

I think apple offers student discounts, but you will have to check ( i got mine when there was an uni discount, came with like 10% off and free airpods)
Thank you!! If I don't get the apple pencil but another iPad pen which is cheaper from office works or jb-hi-fi would that work as well? I might stick to apple cause I have an apple phone so I can easily air-drop, etc.

For the apple ipads, do you recommend any generations?

howcanibesmarter

HSC
Thank you!! If I don't get the apple pencil but another iPad pen which is cheaper from office works or jb-hi-fi would that work as well? I might stick to apple cause I have an apple phone so I can easily air-drop, etc.
Personally i just use the apple pencil, but i cant think why it wouldnt work so Id say give it a try :) (I think it should) Yea thats a main reason why i got an ipad too lol

moonsuyoung

HSC
Personally i just use the apple pencil, but i cant think why it wouldnt work so Id say give it a try :) (I think it should) Yea thats a main reason why i got an ipad too lol
okk!! thank you!! Do you think 64GB is too much or too little? Cause I'll also be downloading Notion, google calendar etc just like all the study apps.

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Hi!
From what I've read, people use IPads to mindmap, not necessarily for notes. Realistically though, I've heard its more effective to mindmap anyways rather than making notes

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
Here's a hack most of you guys may or may not know, you guys have a Onedrive account given by the Department of Education, it allows you to store up to 1TB of stuff which is A LOT. So yeah make use of it, you can download the app on your iPad and store all your files in there.
lets be honest tho, thats gonna be highly moded. I remember a dude from a previous cohort who lost all his resources from hs and even some med cvs bc the onedrive ACC was cancelled without warning aft he graduated\

Also, onedrive is mid. Invest in google drive. the program when u download it on ur computer is genuinely amazing bc it saves into your c-drive but uses virtual storage.

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
lets be honest tho, that shits gonna be highly moded. I remember a dude from a previous cohort who lost all his resources from hs and even some med cvs bc the onedrive ACC was cancelled without warning aft he graduated\

Also, onedrive is mid. Invest in google drive. the program when u download it on ur computer is genuinely amazing bc it saves into your c-drive but uses virtual storage.
i mean its kinda obvious that it will be deleted when u graduate, you should always have a backup anyway if its important

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
well that happens to everything, your whole education account gets shut down and they don't tell when, but when you go to uni they'll give you provide you with another onedrive (mine is 5TB lmao) so you can just move your files across. Also doesn't google drive have a limit of like 15GB?
i mean its kinda obvious that it will be deleted when u graduate, you should always have a backup anyway if its important
yeah fair enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)