BEST LAPTOP BRAND- Your Choice (1 Viewer)

What would be your choice for laptop purchase?

• Total voters

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Just wanted to get people's opinions on what laptop they would prefer most, leave out the costs, just quality and life span wise, what is the best? IMO, I prefer Toshiba over anything..

please tell me if i've left out anything, i'll add it in.

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
is that because you own a toshiba? because you would get very biased responses if that was the case
i owe an asus, and it hasnt let me down yet, but i wouldnt say its best, because there are a lot of other brands out there that are better
its definitely value for money though
if you just want quality, then asus, sony and fujitsu would probably fit the bill there, but for quality, you pay more

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im surprised you didnt put apple as part of your poll

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
jemsta said:
is that because you own a toshiba? because you would get very biased responses if that was the case
i owe an asus, and it hasnt let me down yet, but i wouldnt say its best, because there are a lot of other brands out there that are better
its definitely value for money though
if you just want quality, then asus, sony and fujitsu would probably fit the bill there, but for quality, you pay more

actually no i don't own a toshiba. and yeah i forgot to add mac..oops!

is fujitsu really that good? what's beter about it? haven't come across them before

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Compaq has merged with HP.
IBM no longer has a PC division. It was taken over by Lenovo.

OTT: HP/Apple

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
actually no i don't own a toshiba. and yeah i forgot to add mac..oops!

is fujitsu really that good? what's beter about it? haven't come across them before
fujitsu is like a sony...they have excellent lcd screens, and the specs you pay on the fujitsu is roughly similar to the one you pay with the sony

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I researched for a laptop for ages before going with an ASUS.

It has the best value for money without having to resort to a crappy brand. Toshiba and Sony seem to have a premium added just for the brand name.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
jemsta said:
fujitsu is like a sony...they have excellent lcd screens, and the specs you pay on the fujitsu is roughly similar to the one you pay with the sony
intersting...should check that out then, i really need a laptop. what do you think is the most cost effective buy?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
like everyone here, i think asus is the best value for money...they werent voted number 1 laptop brand for nothing

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha but ive only gotten my laptop 5 months ago, so i wont be that eager to get centrino pro

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
haha yeah I used my dad's centrino duo to get free internet (it's secured now so yeah what a waste of effort). But I will go get it to put a wireless n adapter on my desktop and stream movies/ music etc from there. Also getting 7.1 for notebook :)

Oh what happened to the kk / subway thread? Kinda died out lol :(

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha you have an asus too nian?
what a sick cat

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
nah i don't have a notebook yet, my dad owns one. I'm going to get one when the new centrino pro's are coming out. And yes, it's gonna be an asus.

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
mmmm....im not sure which laptop i pefer there are always pro and cons, also dont noe why u guys love asus so much i would use a mac over a asus

Dell are cheap but crappy

Compaq has good sound system but bad wireless functionallity (didnt HP took over compaq?)

sony is good but u pay for brand same as toshiba

i would choose toshiba - i trust that brand i quess and because its japanese built lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)