Best luxury car outta these 3.... (1 Viewer)

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
Does the Veyron still have the W16 powerplant (*drools*) or did they scrap it?

The Maybach is around $1 Million which should be more than the Rolls. The Bentley should be around $400K.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
golfstick said:
Does the Veyron still have the W16 powerplant (*drools*) or did they scrap it?

The Maybach is around $1 Million which should be more than the Rolls. The Bentley should be around $400K.
The Veyron's the one with the 4 small turbos situated around the engine.
As to the cars, although the Rolls Royce Phantom looks like a brick, it's got nice features though I'm sure parking it would be a bitch.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
yeah i know about the quad turbo but they were having trouble with the layout of the engine itself, the 2 V8s linked together to make the W16. Did they keep it?

Anyway I think they've kept it. The official Bugatti site (below) has some cool videos and stuff like that. It was essentially a money issue I think. I mean, if they sold all 300 for AU$1.3m, would that necessarily generate a profit given that it is such a unique car to produce?

http://www.bugatti-cars.de/bugatti/flash/?langString=en

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
The Veyron's the one with the 4 small turbos situated around the engine.
As to the cars, although the Rolls Royce Phantom looks like a brick, it's got nice features though I'm sure parking it would be a bitch.
Yeah, but would the owners of these cars be driving them, or would they have a professional driver

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
Argonaut said:
Problem is you can't drive it. The rounded shape becomes highly unstable at speed to the point where it's dangerous to drive because of all the lift it generates - essentially it's a wing on wheels.
WTF the rounded sleek shape keeps in on the ground because the wind hits the grill, goes over the car and over the tail, creating downforce.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
maybach 62 is the most luxurious...but i really like the phantom...from memory it is featured on the "drop it like its hot" video clip i cant remember. actually i remember reading somewhere that maybach is like made by mercedes as the ultimate luxury car (i.e way above their own S Class so as to compete against bentley and rolls royce)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Supra said:
maybach 62 is the most luxurious...but i really like the phantom...from memory it is featured on the "drop it like its hot" video clip i cant remember. actually i remember reading somewhere that maybach is like made by mercedes as the ultimate luxury car (i.e way above their own S Class so as to compete against bentley and rolls royce)
Ur correct on both accounts
Rolls appears in the vid
And Maybach is built by Merc

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
Problem is you can't drive it. The rounded shape becomes highly unstable at speed to the point where it's dangerous to drive because of all the lift it generates - essentially it's a wing on wheels.
and yuor an expert on car designs? and know that this car will flip at high speeds becuase u tested it?

wind

HSC
From what I remember, they'd got the engine done, just not the brakes :p

I'd take the Maybach :D Should see the seat articulation and all the gadgets in the back! You can't get bored sitting in the back seats :p

Doing almost 200km/h there's barely a whisper of noise coming from the car. 6.2m long - parking's going to be a bitch lol

On a side note, cars generally flip because air gets in underneath. Used to happen quite often, especially in Le Mans races; Mark Webber has flipped his car a few times.

Air gets in underneath + speed = wing + somersaults

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)