Best movies of the New Millenium (1 Viewer)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Thirteen was pointless, contrived crap from a teenage girl's mind that was made because it shocked most adults i guess.

oh and i have to add reqiuem for a dream to my list, saw it the other night and oh dear god, it was amazing. oooh and virgin suicides (im fairly sure that was a few years ago)

nwatts

HSC
The Virgin Suicides was 1999. But indeed it was very good. Sofia Coppola is a favourite of mine.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
The Virgin Suicides was okay but surprisingly not one of my favourites. The best films of the new millenium would have to be Lost in Translation, Donnie Darko, City of God, Ghost World, Before Sunset... Garden State is alrite on the 2nd viewing but Eternal Sunshine is quite overrated IMO. But I rkn these new indie directors like S. Coppola and Linkleter are onto something...

Last edited:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
crazyhomo said:
later, when i finally figured out they all died, i got so upset cause i loved them so
damnit... i was gonna rent out that movie thanks for spoiling it... -.-

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Don't worry, you won't enjoy it any less knowing that fact.

nwatts

HSC
_dhj_ said:
The Virgin Suicides was okay but surprisingly not one of my favourites. The best films of the new millenium would have to be Lost in Translation, Donnie Darko, City of God, Ghost World, Before Sunset... Garden State is alrite on the 2nd viewing but Eternal Sunshine is quite overrated IMO. But I rkn these new indie directors like S. Coppola and Linkleter are onto something...
How come you didn't enjoy Eternal Sunshine as much? I found it to be utterly brilliant. One of the best in recent years. It would seem to fit into your tastes too?

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
_dhj_ said:
damnit... i was gonna rent out that movie thanks for spoiling it... -.-
you need spoilers to understand that film

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
nwatts said:
How come you didn't enjoy Eternal Sunshine as much? I found it to be utterly brilliant. One of the best in recent years. It would seem to fit into your tastes too?
Not sure. Could be because I've only seen it once. I was really expecting to be blown away but it kept reminding me of Vanilla Sky for some reason...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
_dhj_ said:
Not sure. Could be because I've only seen it once. I was really expecting to be blown away but it kept reminding me of Vanilla Sky for some reason...
I liked it much more on my second viewing. The first time was spent just trying to figure out what was going on.

There are just so many little truths in that film that I can't help but be moved by it.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Just saw Mulholland Dr. a few times. Simply fantastic IMO, I love the plot intricacies and how it lends itself to over-interpretation.

Kinda feel sorry for Naomi Watts for not getting a big role earlier in her career (damn she is so fine!!) In a way, she IS the character...

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
my favs are Just Like Heaven and Sweet Home Alabama...hehe...GO REESE WITHERSPOON

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)