best of luck with ur trials :p (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
just would like to say good luck with ur trials guys... :p

if u are planning to mega cram, here are some tips:

- dont worry abt the details, worry about about the big picture
- know the main terms
- know ur financial formulas and how to use it cuz they tend to put these questions in either MC or Short question
- do the past papers, esp the short answer ones.
- ALWAYS STUDY UR WEAKEST TOPIC FIRST

general tips:

- pack ur bag the night before, not in the morning.
- bring 2 calculators, cuz my calculator died on me during my exam, so thank god for my back up
- drink plenty of water when ur studying, and replace coffee with water (trust me 1 bottle per wk works better than coffee). reason being is that although coffee makes u relatively more alert after consumption, but u will soon feel extrmely drowsy, more drowsy than before, whereas water releases expires energy at a more stable and gradual rate than coffeee
- take ur waterbottle in while doing ur exams. the reason why most pplz find they have headaches towards the end of exams or after exams is due to dehydration, hence u need plenty of water to keep that smart brain going :p
- get ur teachers to mark ur biz report, cuz chances are they are the markers for ur paper.
- DONT STRESS, if u have done no work and is cramming the whole course, then the last thing u should do is have a stress attack and feel overwhelmed. just tell urself that u just have to make the best out of the limited time u have and the more u cram, the more marks u are gonna get.
- dont ever spend ur time regretting. dont think about how shitty ur last assessment was or how u wish u spent ur time better and didnt procrastinate (by spending time on bos or msn). just be calm and think abt what u NEED to do right now, not what you SHOULD have done.

feel free to relieve ur stress or share tips in this thread. :p

regards

Lin

Last edited:

miss-teek

Stressed

I CAN"T DO THIS!

OK, I'm soooo stuck on employment relations, marketing...oh what the hell, i'm stuck on all of them! My trial is tomorrow and I need to do some effective study. all i've done this morning is write out notes and i haven't even finished these notes on biz management and change! Please give me tips if you can!@

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
haha.

Nah seriously tho, the business exam is fairly easy.

For marketing, the question will most likely be 'develop a marketing plan' or something along that line, where u simply need to know the 4 p's (price product promotion place).
Price u talk about pricing strategies,
Product u talk about things such as what makes the base product up (ie, brand)
Promotion u talk about promotional strategies such as advertising, word of mouth, etc.
Place you talk about distribution channels, warehousing, remember JIT (Just-in-Time).

Employment relations questions would be things on how to deal with an ER problem, causes of industrial disputes etc.

Business Management & Change would have to do with taking a business which wishes to expand, or which is struggling and making a business plan to assist it, remembering change as an important factor (ie, a classical view of management is not recommended as it does not take into account the fast changing business environment we live in, however contingency does as it allows for management to apply the appropriate business management strategy to the appropriate time).

Other than that, as long as u kno some basic financial ratio's and what they mean u should be okay.

miss-teek

thank

thank you for your help. but i'm still stressed i've still got so much to do and i don't know what topic i should focus ion it is tomorrow......

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
from looking at previous years hsc paper, the questions for the essay ish repetitive. therefore, the anti-stress approach toward the trial or hsc ish to practice previously years paper. u should b fine.

------>> cath. trial ish on tuday, suppost to b doing it NOW... but im havign a lil snot race down mah face at mo..lolz, hav tu stay at home a day or 2
cn sum1 tel me wot i should study on ?? (^_^)??

...........::::::::::::::: GUDLUCK PEEPZ :::::::::::::::.....................

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
the trail was irry.... it worked out right but the last essay question was tough for me... it was like reasons for expansion and marketing... i was wondering whether to incorparate the reasons with the case studt... for example qantas... economies of scale.... the moving of certain sectors such as maintanice and communication to be produced with techium optimum outpuit... is that right or didn't you have to incorparate the case study but instead talk about wat is the reason...

arrrhhhhh stressing out

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Hey All
Just some tips for anyone who hasn't done the trial yet-:
-The time limit is quite tight. You'll be surprised how much you have to get done in 3 hours. Just be aware of your time and try and manage it well. When I did the exam I finished the final essay with about 1 minute left.
-Watch the wording of the questions. I was quite surprised at how many tricks there was in certain questions. Read them very carefully.
- I'm not going to give out any questions, as in my view that’s cheating and it will impact on your final hsc performance quite detrimentally. However if your cramming and don’t know where to start, be sure to read up on Global Business. There really is a big focus on this topic.
Good luck with it everyone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)