Best Old Skool Game (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
how funny is this i downloaded a NES game and an emulator. and the game was only 25kbs in size. thats frickign amazing. these days games take up 4 CDs sometimes

HSC
So many games come to mind, so I'll just list a few that really jump out at me, I'll keep it PC only, because otherwise this list will get massive :)

First thing that comes to mind is almost all of the Sierra AGS range (Especially Space Quest, and Quest for Glory), just because of the amount of time which I devoted to finishing them all in my younger days, and because they're still fun to go back and play now

Next up is Syndicate/Syndicate Wars, because they have this excellent atmosphere that I've never seen replicated properly since. Excellent feel, and a lot of fun to play. When I got these games it must have been months before I even played anything else. I don't have the best attention span around, but they really got me :)

Almost everything Bullfrog ever made (Aside from the Syndicate games I've already mentioned), including Populous, Dungeon Keeper, the Magic Carpet games and the almighty Theme Hospital. Each game was so different to the other stuff that I'd be playing, but they all had a consistent level of quality and were always great fun to play :)

Lemmings deserves a mention because it's the sort of thing that never really got old, even just messing around and killing them in all sorts of creative ways was always a blast.

Also worth a mention are all the old Battletech/Mechwarrior games, despite looking remarkably primitive, I find they always get me in much more than more recent incarnations in the line.

Afterthought: Oh, I missed Zork :( That deserves a mention too, because the text-based games in the line were really creative and unique, and because Return to Zork was probably one of the first PC games I played with such a complete multimedia experience, even if it wasn't it was definitely the first one that really grabbed my attention :) The later games in this line remind me of Myst, except actually fun to play (I disliked Myst, for the record). :)

And I've missed lots of awesome adventure games that deserve a mention, things like Blade Runner (Though that's a bit recent compared to the others, it still deserves a mention because it's definitely got the old school adventure feel to it), the Simon the Sorcerer games, the Broken Sword ones, Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle and probably a million others. Adventure games used to own.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
ogmzergrush said:
the almighty Theme Hospital.
yeh theme hospital was a sick game , i likes Theme Park by the same company better though.

the other games where u get to build sometihng also come to mind:
  • sim city
  • rollercoaster tacoon 1-2
  • Ceasar 1-2

Last edited:

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
oh man, just came up with the best idea
Who's played Big2?
because there is a computer game called netbig2 and you play with others online..mmm we could have a BoS big2 challenge..heh

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

CHips challenge
Castle of the winds

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Bob.J said:
i know this will own all

neogeo roms/emu

especially Metal slug1,2,3,X,4,5!
damn i played that game at timezone. probably spent enough money on it to buy the arcade machine it self.

G

Gavvvvvin

Bob.J said:
PMed yah
the reason i won't put it up is that geocities only handles about 15mb per hour...
and game is 11mb :(
Whenever I try to run the game it keeps saying there is an error reading the registry :( I dunno how to fix it :(

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
  • Frogger - crossing the road game
  • Prehistoric 1-2 - cool 2d game pic of character
  • Heretic - if u a fan of doom this is next in line Pic
  • One must Fall - old fighting game involving robots Pic
  • Tetris - Russian brick game
  • Zoombinies - educational game, played in primary

Last edited:

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Mega Drive:

Mortal Kombats,
Sonics,
Streets of Rage 2,
Earthworm Jim,
Alladin,
Smash TV.

PC

Prince of Persia
Quest For Glory
Kings Quests 1 - 7
Leisure Suit Larry
Arkanoid
Skate or Die
Sim City

alien

HSC
on ps command and conquer red alert was fun
on sega, sonic the hedgehog and populous
on pc theme hospital and sim city
gb-tetris
nintendo-donkey kong

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
D.Larie said:
Omg, who else here played 'Crystal Caves'?
Screenshot

and Duke Nukem screenshot
OMG crystal caves i use to love that game i didnt mention it earlier cuase i forgot what it was called, yuor screen shot brought it back to memory. yeh thats a hectic game.

and yeh duke nukem 1 and 2.are quite famous classics. i am shore u can even include duke nuken 3d as a classic these days.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
LMAO, I remember when I was a kid a first played Duke 2 I thought the introduction was the most amazing thing ever. "Im Back!" :p

Did anyone ever play Raptor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)