Best path to the degree which requires an ATAR I may not meet (1 Viewer)

AtarKing

HSC
Pretty sure that the degree I want is Commerce, UNSW would be ideal due to the breadth of exchange partners they have which appeal to me, and the general reputation of the establishment.

If I am not able to meet the atar, I am not entirely sure what would be the best option to enter this degree. For example, I could likely do B Information Systems (which does appeal to me to a degree since I was considering even majoring a commerce degree in Business Information Systems) and then swapping over to B Com, or going to a completely different institution and beginning with Commerce then attempting to swap in to UNSW. I understand there are also preparatory programs of some sort? Also, considering you have to do a year of the first degree or a year at the former uni, would I even be able to do exchange for a 3 year degree - because it would be rather odd to an extent doing your first year of commerce (in your second year) overseas, rather than having a year of Commerce knowledge behind you, or a year at UNSW.

Generally just unsure as this would ultimately affect both the preferences I choose and more specifically, the order in which I choose them.

si2136

HSC
N/A
You can always do a degree in Economics and transfer to Commerce.

Confound

HSC
I transferred from MQ comm to UNSW comm. Would not recommend. I have to stay back a semester before graduation. Your best option is UNSW eco and just do commerce units and formally transfer internally into comm later.

D94

HSC
N/A
If your predicted ATAR is close, then you could try to get into Economics and then internally transfer.

There are also bonus points available, up to 5 points for your performance in the HSC. You may be able to enter with an ATAR of around 91 if you can obtain 5 bonus points.

You should still place UNSW Commerce as your first preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)