Best places to eat at UNSW (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Well, after 1/2 a semester I have to say it's probably Badabagan. It's got a good range, and you can eat outside in the Commerce Courtyard which is quite nice.

Colonnade is a REALLY nice place but there's a pretty crappy range of food. Liquid rocks though.

And after 100000 years of searching I finally found Java@Java but the line to use the comps was bloody long X_x

What do you guys think?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
But Maccas is so far away

yeah I'm lazy, but you try walking from Maccas Randwick to Mathews in 5 mins

Eeko

Banned
... i was referring to places a lil further away

I consider macca's a part of unsw.

but yeah those stair from upper to lower campus are a nitemare

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I'm quite partial to the new 'Cosmos Cafe' in the Roundhouse.

Mmm... kebabs. :D

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
*the food princess steps in* ahahahha

badabagan's DIY sandwhiches... v cheap... that is if u dont put heavy stuff like 5 piees of tomatoes.. cuz they charge according to weight .. i usualli get wholemeal bread + 1 slice of cheese + chicken + lettce + 1 slice of turkey + 1 slice of ham + mayonise = 2 bucks!!! pure gold!

the chinese place next to those DIY sandwhiches also has $1 carton drinks.. good if u run out of money, and they also have those...... rice wrapped in leafs things... dunno the proper english name for it.... and i think its lyk 3 bucks 20 for it...and it taste pretty good. btw.. if u wanna steal some soy source this is the place....... the soy sauce is right next to the fridge...

the veggo shop is a bit dodgy... the pasta tomato sacue is way too rich....and umm.. their stuff ...wot can i say.. looks dodgy...... the muffins aint bad though.. it realli fills u up.. i couldnt finish half of it...

the fast food take way place next to the veggo shop got good wedges and chips... realli golden and crunchy.. thatz how i like my chips... they also have chicken salt!!!!! which is almost as important as the spud.... pluz its the onli place that has left overs half an hr before closing time... which is around 6.....

da pasta in uni bar aint bad...and for 6 somehting.. the meal deal with cheese bread and a drink is pretty good for value.. but i often cant b bothered to go down... cuz the pasta is quite filly.. so grab ur mates and play a round of pool to go with the pasta :p

the cafe next to the Union..... has a good atmosphere.... v cosy, quite and relaxed..... and cuz its not a huge space.. the blanket of coffee aroma realli gives u a wake up call if u r realli tired.... coffe is abt a 8....

the pie, fry, thai place in mathews food court (not the arcade)....is pretty good... but a bit expansive as well.. soemthing lyk 7 bucks.... i eat them once a wk.. usualli on thurs cuz i will be staying late... if u dont like their variety (cuz it is v limiting i must say).. pop into the convinience store inside the food court.... they have assorted sandwhiches, ready to eat food, sushsi and snacks.. lots of it!... i think there is steamed bun there too..but u gotta heat it up.. which is cinch cuz there is a microwave in the food court.. but a huge line during lunch time...

the noodle soup place in matthews arcade is pretty good.. abt 6 bucks... and the soup base aint bad.... the bbq pork one, wanton + noodles and the laksas are the picks.....but best thing abt it is that its got those plastic lids so u can do a take away and eat it where ever u like.... the coffee is reaonsable........ the lady knows how to make quality double shots.. though limiting syrups ..abt a 6.5:p

tasty bites in matthews arcade also has excellent ceasar salads... i think a large was abt 6 bucks.. but it realli filled me up cuz the crutons were huge..... the coffee is the shittest on campus though ..abt a 5

JAva @ java is good for net research in the arvo.... less pplz... and no line or 30 minz limit for net.... and just relax with a cup of coffeee..... they still havent bought their printer yet.. so warning.. printing is extremli expansive..... the food is alright... the ice coffee is shit... and they dont have many small bites for cheap price... but i guess the net makes up for it.. btw coffee is abt a 8...

Esme's (at the top of the walkway from quad to commerce court yr.. its where the spiraly stairs are) got good coffee... second best to the library lawn coffee cart (BEST COFFEE EVER!.. 10/10)...... i go there when the library lawn coffee cart's line is tooooo long.... plus eseme's got seats so u can sit down and cram for ur quiz...coffee is abt... 9

liquid - got okay drinks.. i must say they put toooo much syrup in all of their drinks.. tried abt 6 now.. and they have all been way tooo sweet...but it onli gets better cuz as the ice start to melt, its less sweet..... my pick would be the lychee one with coconut meat.... the atmosphere is v much the next generation, best place to chill out and catch up with ur friends..

Colonade i like places with high ceilings.... and if u go during late arvos.... its a lot more quiter...... the hot chocolate is best on campus.... the coffee is abt a 8.5.... the foccacias are toasted properli....... and the small bites are v much yumoscrumptious... if its a lil too slow for u.. then just step down a level to liquid where the music is always pumpin... :p

The pavillion... best thing i can think abt abt this place is the seats.... there are heapz of seats..... so usuali u dont have to worry abt finding a vacant seat.. though during 1-2.. the med pplz rush down and hog all da seats.... u can usualli tell cuz they wear a green shirt which is the uniform shirt for med..... that chinese place has variety..... lots of diff combos for those viet rice paper wraps.. though u gotta be careful during summer days... cuz they put them outside for the whole day.. and sometimes it taste off....

oh.. and anywhere with $3.20 chicken and avacado foccacias is goooood...though Esme's foccacias are diff.. u are likeli to pay 4 bucks for the same quantitiy as those union ones..

i think i went a bit far with the food... but once u pop, u cant stop :p

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Maccas isn't in the list.

I'm insulted.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
tasty bites is shit when its busy though

i ordered a choc milkshake, and cos he was so rushed the guy fucked it up and there wasnt enough, so he just poured more plain milk in to fill it up!

how could maccas ever compare to real food.. people these days are brainwashed into thinking maccas actually tastes good, when it is simply grease and fat

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
If you're lucky, you can live off Maccas for a while cause of their Pictionary competition. So far I've gotten about 3 instant win Big Macs, a roast chicken, and two small drinks.
And no, I don't really care that they're "simply grease and fat".

Lundy

Banned
HSC
It costs a fucking fortune to eat at uni every day. I usually just bring my own or go without
If I do buy food it's usually just a sushi roll. Cheap and convenient :p

ohne

HSC
I'm into the DIY sandwiches personally, it's the best value. Where I go depends on where my next class is. The Kensington campus is too steep, I don't enjoy making unnecessary trips up the basser steps.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
"Coffee on Campus" in the K17 building has great coffee ...

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've been there for 5 weeks now and I'm still discovering food places I never knew were there.

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
I just buy wedges for lunch :D
yeah ive been doing that for a while, theyre bloody addictive

geez TIB, you get around :p the food places i mean

sugamama

Coldplay Fan
Yeah it's way too expensive to eat there everyday :(

And the DIY sandwiches really rock...except the cold meats are really dodgy but look nice. Like I thought one of them was turkey...but it was like devon :( hehe

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
da pasta in uni bar aint bad..

tasty bites in matthews arcade also has excellent ceasar salads... i think a large was abt 6 bucks.. but it realli filled me up cuz the crutons were huge..... the coffee is the shittest on campus though ..abt a 5

oh.. and anywhere with $3.20 chicken and avacado foccacias is goooood
agreed with uni bar pasta, excellent!

caesar at tasty is so friggen oily! but yummy

chicken av foccacias are like my lifeblood when im hungry for a snack

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
yeah talk abt it.... haha when u bite into the crutons in the sald.. u can taste the oil coming out.... but then agian it taste good.. like KKs.......... i realli misss them..... haha :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)