best school for maths? (1 Viewer)

kkk579

hello
HSC
From what I’ve heard they only allow people to do a subject if they’re confident they’ll get a band 6/e4, so they force a bunch of kids to do standard

What happens when those people don’t get the b6/e4

hscgirl

HSC
I knew someone who did but yeah it depends on special circumstances, and he also had to repeat year 11 or 12 or smth lol so yeah not worth it
imagine having to repeat y11 and y12 again god i would die

goodcat911

HSC
no way al faisal 97%
nah ik a kid that goes there. since its a private school, they make it so only like top 15 kids can actually do maths extension and above unlike ruse which have a much lower restriction for who can do what. thats why their honour roll only has 12 e4s for maths ext 2 and 13 e4s for maths ext 1 as opposed to ruse having 100+ for each. anyways private schools very tight on stuff cos they make sure most students do subjects that may scale less but are easier band 6s (cos school rank in hsc decided by number of band 6s as opposed to average/median atar). best example of this is sydney grammar lmao.

kkk579

hello
HSC
nah ik a kid that goes there. since its a private school, they make it so only like top 15 kids can actually do maths extension and above unlike ruse which have a much lower restriction for who can do what. thats why their honour roll only has 12 e4s for maths ext 2 and 13 e4s for maths ext 1 as opposed to ruse having 100+ for each. anyways private schools very tight on stuff cos they make sure most students do subjects that may scale less but are easier band 6s (cos school rank in hsc decided by number of band 6s as opposed to average/median atar). best example of this is sydney grammar lmao.
Sydney grammar be getting all their b6’s through languages and humanities I stg

goodcat911

HSC
I’m pretty sure the person that said that graduated in 2021 or 2022 but for some reason he/she put 2023 in the HSC thing 😭😭
Im gonna guess that girras rank in 2023 is 27.
yeah... we arent doing too well. ehh idrc as long as my friends and i leave with a solid atar.

Jos:)

HSC
nah man syd grammar has an exceptional faculty. It is the only schools (esp in chem and phys) that my tutors can't fault. heaps of tutoring places like ngo use syd grammar in their exams as well.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Sydney grammar be getting all their b6’s through languages and humanities I stg
and there's nothing wrong with that lol, i know selective schools are elevated because of their supposed god-like results in stem, but grammar is also pretty solid with their stem candidature as well (aka most of the cohort shown, and we have the cambridge textbooks as proof) and honestly much more well-rounded than selective students are.

and i say this as a selective school student who likes languages and humanities. honestly i think it's cool that they have tons of language opportunities, wish my school had that too :(

kkk579

hello
HSC
and there's nothing wrong with that lol, i know selective schools are elevated because of their supposed god-like results in stem, but grammar is also pretty solid with their stem candidature as well (aka most of the cohort shown, and we have the cambridge textbooks as proof) and honestly much more well-rounded than selective students are.

and i say this as a selective school student who likes languages and humanities. honestly i think it's cool that they have tons of language opportunities, wish my school had that too :(
I agree that there’s nothing wrong with it, it was just based off what i saw on hscninja lol

kkk579

hello
HSC
nah man syd grammar has an exceptional faculty. It is the only schools (esp in chem and phys) that my tutors can't fault. heaps of tutoring places like ngo use syd grammar in their exams as well.
Yeah my maths tutor at ngo and sons said that out of all the schools grammar definitely has the hardest maths exams

goodcat911

HSC

yea its fine lmao. i thought they forced it on their students to do languages and stuff (which imo is pretty wrong). but if its student choice, its totally fine. :)

Heavy sad

HSC
Does Al-Faisal College require an entrance exam to get in or…
Because I was so sure that Ruse would be top in maths 😂😂
Ye so i can shed some light on this, i go to Alnoori MS (the one ranked 5 for maths) currently doing extension 2 and i did bio-accelerated in 2022 (got 95 in that) , and ye all the private schools like my one and alFaisal have a entrance exam to get in.

On top of that they force a bunch of kids to go adv or standard if they know they cant do ext1/2 well + they have massive maths-adv accelerated classes (like 30ish kids) that all just do maths 24/7 and hence all these band 6's.

+ Alfaisal maths adv/ext1 and 2 teacher is absolutely cracked, like man breathes maths (Mr Jamal)+ their internal assesments are absolutely crazy
The alnoori adv maths teacher is also cracked

+in Alfaisal can only do ext2 if u got a band 6 in maths accelerated in yr 11

+The pressure is insane, you finish all content by mid term 2, and trials are in term3, so u have about a little over a term + Holis
to just do past papers and usually get thorugh 30-50ish papers just for ext1/2 before trials even start.

IK this bcuz i go to the same tutoring centres to the Alfaisal kids, and im telling u their ext2 class is absolutely not normal.

Last edited:

kkk579

hello
HSC
Ye so i can shed some light on this, i go to Alnoori MS (the one ranked 5 for maths) currently doing extension 2 and i did bio-accelerated in 2022 (got 95 in that) , and ye all the private schools like my one and alFaisal have a entrance exam to get in.

On top of that they force a bunch of kids to go adv or standard if they know they cant do ext1/2 well + they have massive maths-adv accelerated classes (like 30ish kids) that all just do maths 24/7 and hence all these band 6's.

+ Alfaisal maths adv/ext1 and 2 teacher is absolutely cracked, like man breathes maths (Mr Jamal)+ their internal assesments are absolutely crazy
The alnoori adv maths teacher is also cracked

+in Alfaisal can only do ext2 if u got a band 6 in maths accelerated in yr 11

+The pressure is insane, you finish all content by mid term 2, and trials are in term3, so u have about a little over a term + Holis
to just do past papers and usually get thorugh 30-50ish papers just for ext1/2 before trials even start.

IK this bcuz i go to the same tutoring centres to the Alfaisal kids, and im telling u their ext2 class is absolutely not normal.
Do you go to Al Jabr? I heard a lot of students from those two schools go there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)