• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best study guides (1 Viewer)

rockets

HSC
N/A
What study guide do you recomend for prelim chemistry and biology and pdhpe?
Which one sticks to the dots point most and what one is easier to follow??
Thanks

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
The macquarie ones are fairly good for a study guide to chemistry and biology, though its no replacement for a proper text book.

Firebolt41

HSC
i've found the excel books for chemistry and PDHPE to be excellent- my chem teacher makes no sense and i've more or less taught myself the course so far through the excel book and some summamries i found on this site, so i recommend the excel stuff definately. i'm not sure about biology, i haven't seen the excel text for that, but i'm sure it would be as much help as the other ones have been. PHDPE is good for getting a concise version of wat we need to know, because we get alot of notes in class, it helps alot for summarising. excel sticks pretty much only to the dot points, making it easier to follow

pashiewashie

Interesting!!!

I agree with the above, however when it came to me and chemistry i started half a term behind coz my timetable dude is a spastic, anywayz so the excel books are the best, however my prob is that the recent Excel for Prelim. Chem doesnt cover Polar Molecules, that i know of and also the book helps if your teacher follows the textbook, in order of topics better that way.

With Biology i would recommend the excel book however, i have realised that allot of your knowledge learnt in Bio, is of being at class. So the excel is mainly for revision.

felixcthecat

HSC
for revision i'd go for excel in chem and bio.. but for me i find it helpful with the oxford study dictionaries to look up exact definitions for stuff at times.. ie.. the Bayer process in chem.. it's just a lot more convenient!~ dunno about pdhpe.. dun do it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)