Best study guides (1 Viewer)

rockets

HSC
N/A
Hey can you all share your thoughts on what you think the best study guide books - eg excel, macquarie etc are for biology, chemistry, pdhpe and geography.
With lots of thanks
moi

mystake

HSC
Hey out of the subjects u wrote about i only do chem but i would say macquarie because it basically follows the syllabus and is well summarised. Excel is more like another text book so i would stay away from them. Also the success one books are brilliant for practice questions as they are set out in modules as well as having whole papers. For really summarised revision and to check your knowledge of the syllabus the excel 'revise in a month' books aren't bad but i wouldn't rely on them.

I hope this helps, personally i only use the guides to cross reference info but alot of my friends use them heaps, good luck

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
just because excel is like a textbook doesn't make them any less useful, sometimes the only way you learn something is having a whole chunk on info and picking out the stuff you need. Learning is more effective that way.

Granted, this may apply to some subjects more than others.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Do NOT buy the Excel books for Chemistry and Biology.

Get the Macquarie ones, they are excellent. If you ever get the urge to use Excel books (they're not very helpful anyway), borrow them from the library. They're not worth your money. Seriously.

Cambridge Chemistry is apparently pretty good, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)