Best Text Book/Study Guide (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Fitzpatrick's maths books are funny, some questions seem like he is "gay" lol. I.e. one question was like, if 5 men and 6 boys were arranged .....

And also that maths book has questions that can be hard at the beginning and could be easy near the end, or sometimes in the middle. It's really annoying. They should make maths books more colourful :p

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz.! yea i love my pages to be colourful.. ..but it is pretti useless when u need to revise srsly.

i make my own notes too according to the syllabus.. but i always have this uneasy feeling that i mite miss somethin that could be in the test..even tho it doesn't say on the syllabus..

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
mitsui said:
oh wow.. everythin is gona b on cd soon.
wat is good book for eng? or u cant realli buy one for it?
it is useful to do past eng papers? Oo
on cd?
sounds good.
but is it???

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
if u r talkin about the syllabus, then yea
i foudn "identify" to be the worst
like that mean i onli need to know the name of the thing being asked?
but wat if they asked the characterist? the explainations?..argh

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
they cant ask u anything beyong if it is an 'identify' question... mostly identify questions are the easier for me. identify xxxxxxxxxx....xxxxx 2 marks. u either know or it or dont. just put down 2 answers and there's ur easy 2 marks

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
oh ok..
lolz
i juz get those uneasy feelings that they mite ask more than the syllabus. xD

guyman82

HSC
boooks

i would recommend conquering for chem, but if you want the harder questions and be really prepared, go for chem 'Pathways'
Maths excel is useless, just past papers for maths + english.

P

pLuvia

does pathways follow the syllabus better than conquering chemistry? because i'm thinking of buying conquering chemistry and not pathways

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
personally i don't like conquering chem. it sometimes explains things in such a complicated way that it confuses you. i've always used Maquarie Revision Guides for all my notes in physics and chemistry in accordance with conquering chem and jacaranda physics sometimes. i also sometimes use excel but i sometimes find they're wrong in certain situations like MATHS solutions and also very brief in certain areas of physics and chemistry. for legal i use heinneman and also longman. they're good.

english: study guides are my life for english. lol.....usually york notes, excel's alrite.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kadlil said:
does pathways follow the syllabus better than conquering chemistry? because i'm thinking of buying conquering chemistry and not pathways
Buy both.

And if you've already blown your money on other textbooks, then buy one, and try to borrow the other one from school.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
rnitya_25 said:
personally i don't like conquering chem. it sometimes explains things in such a complicated way that it confuses you. i've always used Maquarie Revision Guides for all my notes in physics and chemistry in accordance with conquering chem and jacaranda physics sometimes. i also sometimes use excel but i sometimes find they're wrong in certain situations like MATHS solutions and also very brief in certain areas of physics and chemistry. for legal i use heinneman and also longman. they're good.

english: study guides are my life for english. lol.....usually york notes, excel's alrite.
Macquaries are cool, they are simplified and list stuff point by point from the syllabus.
For maths, excel is ok and it does show they got the solution.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
kadlil said:
Pathways is very thick and complex but has very good exam questions in there.
For every couple of paragraphs, they have a highlighted key point.
Conquering, i've seen it. It's pretty complex and has some useless stuff in there. They have good diagrams that explain certain points.

P

pLuvia

i just bought the macquarie biology study guide, and it seems that it only covers 2 of the biology electives, communication and human story.

P

pLuvia

i bought the macquarie biology study guide from city (needn't go that far), i tried at kinokuniya (massive bookstore) they didn't have it and so i went to abbey's bookstore sort of in the QVB it was $26.95 not that expensive

zeek

HSC
Smart_Dunce said:
Are these books expensive?? If not, where do i get them from??
They range from $20 - $30 and you can find them at most good bookshops. I get mine from Dymocks because of that "booklovers" thing that they have. If you do happen to purchase from them, make a booklovers card, because after purchasing a certain amount, you get a discount on the next purchase, and from time to time (i think its a %11 chance or something) you win stuff.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
kadlil said:
i just bought the macquarie biology study guide, and it seems that it only covers 2 of the biology electives, communication and human story.
Are these books expensive?? If not, where do i get them from??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)