Best textbook (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, the top of my grade has Patel as a tutor. Private tutor. One to one tuition. Gah, 69/70 maths in first 3u assessment. and i got 55. lol, me is gonna get owned.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
i havent a clue how they managed to get lee and patel. :( And patel is retired as well, how the hell did he get convinced to give tuition? :|

Anyway, I was wondering what KeypadSDM thinks of the various textbooks... :)

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Textbooks? Never use 'em.

Our teacher has been teaching for the past 30 or so years and over that time has gathered many textbooks. He basically gives us the best stuff out of all of them.

But the Cambridge one was the one I 'used'. Until of course I found the haven of past papers.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
when should we start doing past papers? Till the half yearly do the half yearly past papers, and from after that dothe yearly ones?

aww, my school starts 4 beggining of 04, as opposed to beggining of term 4 03. That sucks, most schools have done 1.5 topics when we start complex numbers. So i dunno if i CAN do half yearlies. heheh.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by GuardiaN
when should we start doing past papers?
Start A.S.A.P. Do the full ones, but only the parts you can do. Save the HSC ones for later in the year, but do them all at least 1-2 months before the exam.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
oh k. I already have around 4 in hard copy, so i might start them as soon as i finish the complex numbers topic. I'll have a look anyway, the circle geo questions are usually not that hard. And I might be able to do the really easy complex numbers ones.

BTW, the top of my grade (top five anyway) has Patel as a PRIVATE tutor. It's got nothing to do with my school, and I suppose anyone could get Patel as a tutor if you could get him to agree. Whoever asked, I go to Sydney Boys.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)