Best time to attented Tutorials/lectures? (1 Viewer)

MadGold777

HSC
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody who currently studies at University has have a favoured time to attend tutorials/lectures?

In other words, when registering for my tuts or lectures, is there an ideal time to slot into?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Depends. Like with maths, those in tutes earlier in the week get tests first. So I'd put tutes as late in the week as possible so I'm one of the last to take a test.

If there's nothing like that... well, doesn't really matter. Just make sure you plan your timetable well - you don't want to be walking for 15 minutes between consecutive tutorials at opposite ends of the campus.

But if you mean time of day, I don't have any particular preference. Just when it fits nicely into my timetable.

MadGold777

HSC
Thanks for the help.
But yeah I was kind of wondering if there was a preffered time of day to be registered in a tute, for example I was thinking one a 9am would be terrible and thinking around 12-1 would a good time (but i have no idea :p)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Thanks for the help.
But yeah I was kind of wondering if there was a preffered time of day to be registered in a tute, for example I was thinking one a 9am would be terrible and thinking around 12-1 would a good time (but i have no idea :p)
Depends. If you are a morning person and you wake up early and are close to campus, you might like 9am tutes.

SunnyScience

HSC
Even though i don't go to university for another year, i would suggest earlier in the morning :)
Though that comes to say, not too early either. I would think you'd want it at about 10ish so you don't have the early morning rush. This is preferrable to lunchtime/afternoon as you are most likely just to stall half the day away waiting to go to the tutorial anyway. If you get it over and done with, you have the rest of the whole day ahead which can be used for other commitments! :)

Millsy90

HSC
As mentioned in a thread...transport plays a big part....getting home early or late can not be fun.

I find the evening tutes / lectures have more matured aged students...coming from work etc.

Early morning, might not be as many students due to people not liking early starts after a night of partying...

MadGold777

HSC
Yeah I like Sunnies thinking in the way that maybe I should get it over and done with so I have the rest of the day, problem is though it's a 2 hour trip to my university :S

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I like Sunnies thinking in the way that maybe I should get it over and done with so I have the rest of the day, problem is though it's a 2 hour trip to my university :S
If you're not a morning person, try to allocate to a later time during the day.

In terms of choosing times, there is no definitive "best" time. It all depends on what the student finds convenient.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Keep in mind that you sometimes get tests/quizzes in your tutorial. I normally like putting tutorials late in the day (afternoon) and then just slot the lectures in accordance to tutorials. This method usually forces me to attend my lectures as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)