Best Tutoring Colleges for Year 5/6 and Selective School test (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
imo opinion the kid should be disciplined and ready to learn if you even consider putting them in a tutor. from my own observations of kids at my tutor and also martial arts classes, i see that the ones who constantly get low marks / scolded at are the ones who just play around and dont understand the seriousness of a situation. i would suggest a tutor with small classes where the class will not be too disruptive
i agree. Parents tend to throw their kids into large tuition classes of 20-30 odd.. i treated it as a joke.. since they were Saturdays (grr) and well... when you have a class of 30, it tends to have a disruptive and 'festive' ambience

Gemmi7

HSC
N/A
THe point is that he doesn't teach you anything. All he does is give you paper after paper to do. He won't teach you the concepts, or what's required in the answer. My cousin was coming home with answers to questions saying "answer in full-sentence" starting with the word "Because...."

He "teaches" the english and maths himself. There is no writing or general ability. But the acceptance tests' standards are very high, and thus most are able to get into selective anyway. I think many of his students also go to another coaching college (this was the case with my cousin's class)
I am currently going to Mr Ye's classes STTC and WEMG so I know how it is. For STTC, We come in, chat and talk, then Mr Ye comes and gives us our tests. We have 3 subjects. Maths, English and GA. I must admit though, Mr Ye's English isn't really that good and some questions are incorrectly worded but you can't blame him, he isn't from an English backgrouand.

The test must be done very quickly, like in the selective test. This is great training for the real test once it comes. After finishing the test, we have a short 10 minute break before marking each other's work, then we copy our incorrect questions down fo review at home. After all this, Mr Ye explains all the 'tricky' questions for half an hour.

In WEMG, we have multiple rounds. Speeding, where we do 25 simple maths questions in a minute and a half, spelling, where we get tested on 10 words, English, where we receive our homework booklets and do some English, then the last round, GA. Before English, we have a 20 minute writing lesson learning a new type of writing each week. Mr Ye has really helped me. In Year 3 I was an average student. Strangely, I passed the entry test which wasn't that hard and gradually I improved until now I am the top in my school in English and math s and GA and writing.

ksmlee76

HSC
N/A
Hi Gemmi7. I am not able to find the location or contact phone no. of Mr Yee. Would you be able to send me his contact details or business address? It's for my son who is currently in Year 5. Thank you so much, Kareen.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Did you look up "Mr Ye" or "Mr Yee"?

Last edited:

bhupi

HSC
N/A
Any luck finding him? If you can share his address/phone number that will be great.

Hi Gemmi7. I am not able to find the location or contact phone no. of Mr Yee. Would you be able to send me his contact details or business address? It's for my son who is currently in Year 5. Thank you so much, Kareen.

HSC
My cousin went to Mr Ye and he had an awful time there. As long as you pass the entrance test, you are guaranteed to go to selective anyway because the standards for entry are high. He just gives you paper after paper to do. No explanation, English is dismally poor.

If you want to learn, you want someone who can help you explain things. To learn you need not just material, but to know how to get something right. Mr Ye won't do that.
My cousin went to Scholani Education College for two years after Mr Ye and he was very confident at his new coaching place. He believes that it was SEC who helped him go to Baulkham Hills High because of the professional teachers and standards of teaching.
If you didn't know, Mr Ye has a son who is Aussie raised. He is pretty good at english. Also, english isn't one of those things you can just teach. I went there for 5 years ish. IF you want a good writing teacher, go to MR steggles, his academy is called advanced instruction. Located in Campsie. HE is a former summerhill OC teacher, very good at teaching writing in particular

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)