best tv show of all time? (1 Viewer)

Gurlpower

HSC
my vote (also been voted by americans as the best quality in some poll) would have to be the murder mystery television series "twin peaks"

the show from the early 90s about the fbi agent investigating a murder who sees clues in his dreams and unravels the mysteries of a small mining townin north america.

beautiful music,
beautiful twisted noir storylines with beautiful scenery and suble clues. this tv show launched many careers.

i still remember the ghost of the giant man trying to warn agent cooper at a concert that 'it is happening again" - reffering to a murder currently in progress.

bonechilling.

for those who dont know it but feel its familiar, the "who shot mr burns" simpsons episode is a twin peaks take off.

addictive stuff.

faov

HSC
Matthew89 said:
Arrested Development
If it was so good, why were all the characters straight therefore the show cancelled?

I admit I like AD and bought the dvds for season 1+2 but it certainly lacked diversity among the characters and made many homophobic remarks disguised as unfunny 'jokes'.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Captin gay said:
vanush says:
its so formulaic
vanush says:
SCRUBS
-show opens
-show random patient problems
-dr cox insults jd
-jd and turk exchange affectionate greetings
-people are freakd out by janitor
-eliot talks to carlaa about her love life
===INSERT SOME PROBLEM=
-each character fixes their problem while JD narrates the ending to some indie rock song
vanush says:
Done!
vanush says:
a scrubs episode
You're a mean mean woman.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
faov said:
If it was so good, why were all the characters straight therefore the show cancelled?

I admit I like AD and bought the dvds for season 1+2 but it certainly lacked diversity among the characters and made many homophobic remarks disguised as unfunny 'jokes'.
I agree, having a lesbian actress on the show was very homophobic of them.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Captin gay said:
vanush says:
its so formulaic
vanush says:
SCRUBS
-show opens
-show random patient problems
-dr cox insults jd
-jd and turk exchange affectionate greetings
-people are freakd out by janitor
-eliot talks to carlaa about her love life
===INSERT SOME PROBLEM=
-each character fixes their problem while JD narrates the ending to some indie rock song
vanush says:
Done!
vanush says:
a scrubs episode
You can say this about almost any show

faov

HSC
Fish Sauce said:
I agree, having a lesbian actress on the show was very homophobic of them.
I'm glad we're on the same page. They really needed a gay male.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
faov said:

Oh yeah, Tobias wasn't gay at all...

From the above post it seems you don't get (or you're avoiding) sarcasm, so instead I'll say TOBIAS WAS TOTALLY A GAY CHARACTER.

But as for the topic at hand, I think Wonder Showzen is my one favourite television series.

Last edited:

faov

HSC
s-p-a-c-e-d said:
Oh yeah, Tobias wasn't gay at all...

From the above post it seems you don't get (or you're avoiding) sarcasm, so instead I'll say TOBIAS WAS TOTALLY A GAY CHARACTER.
NO he wasn't. That was only implied, and they made homophobic comments, and Tobias was retarded. Gay people are not disabled in any way, and they certainly don't dress how Tobias did.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
Implied very strongly, but yeh I'll admit that Tobias couldn't really be seen as a role model for any male, period. But he definitely wasn't mentally disabled (well, as far as I can remember it wasn't explicitly stated).

It doesn't matter too much anyway, AD never aimed to dissect gay relationships anyway - the Tobias thing was just incidental and for laughs. So AD treating gay issues superficially isn't that much of a problem IMO.
And all these issues are expressed through a fictional character anyway; why does it follow that those are personal views of the author(s)?

Also, (gay) people can dress however they feel like, there shouldn't be a 'they'.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
- ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT
- Buffy - early years (became shit towards the end, fucking spike)
- The Colbert Report
- Freaks and Geeks
- Undeclared

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)