best way to get into teaching? or are you intrested in being teacher? (1 Viewer)

js5071

HSC
is anyone here currently in university to become a teacher and how did you go about it?
im intrested in becoming a history teacher but nothing is as simple as it seems, i could go and do a bachelor of arts but whats to say i would meet the requirements of the post grad course, or did you just throw youreslef outthere and enter into a 4 yr Bachelor of education.
if anyone here wants to talk about taking teaching up as a proffesion lets talk :D

dukey

HSC
I originally did but looking at the brat students at my school I don't want to teach anymore :p

It's Medical Science for me now but teaching will be a third (bottom third) of my preferences.

If I do end up being a teacher, I would be studying at USyd. BA (Major in History) and Diploma of Education. However I'd want to teach overseas first. South Korea or something which I can work and save a bundle of money then come back to Australia :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Ooh I have a friend who wants to be a teacher ... but he`s the only one i know ><" everyone else is into medicine .. hahahha.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I'm at university and teaching is one of the professions I could go into when I'm done.

A friend doing the same course as me is definitely going to be a teacher. He's currently doing a Bachelor of Arts majoring in History and a Bachelor of Creative Arts majoring in Creative Writing. Then going to do a DipEd at the end of it all.

I also knew a girl doing a Bachelor of Education - Physical Education which is better for that sort of thing I guess.

js5071

HSC
yeah im contemplating doing a bachelor of arts as it gives more freedom

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I did a BTeach/BArts (Primary) through newcastle.... 5 weeks of internship left!!!

and I'm planning to do a post graduate degree in Early CHildhood Education...

If you wanna teach, get out there and get into it, get stuck into a 4 year degree (more $$ when you graduate than if you only do 3year) and get on with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)