best way to memorise.... (1 Viewer)

tau281290

HSC
Just make the computer read it out to you every night before you go to sleep. LOL xP This is especailly good the week before the final HSC because when u memorise like this you tend to forget really quickly.

Make it read English quotes, it works really well with them.

Baggygreen408

HSC
- well, making up jingles, poems or songs which are easy to remember.
-acronyms
- rather than reading, speaking aloud to oneself- easier to remember hat one hears than what one reads...

tau281290

HSC
Thats the same as making a computer read to you, but you won't get to read yourself...>.>

friction

HSC
Teach to others for sure because then you have to understand it and also it makes u read it out loud which helps heaps.

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
An important factor in memorising is actually understanding

Hmm...converse is also true, to understand better you memorise... dammit I'm confused.

Learn the concept, shrink it to a few sentences, then a few words, then rapidly repeat the word(s) that represent the concept(s) by writing it over and over again until its stuck in your head.

likenino1234

HSC
-may-cat- said:
This is true, it sticks in you're head much better and you actually learn the information instead of just having memorised words in your head for a couple of days or so.

i agree with you both

HSC
i write a few things on coloured pieces of paper and stick them in places i see around my bedroom, like on my mirror...but not too many otherwise i get lazy and dont read them haha.
stuff like lists for pdh (like physiological adaptations to aerobic training).
if i didnt do that i'd probably leave cramming stuff like that till the night before :S

gingyangel

HSC
Shadose said:
An important factor in memorising is actually understanding

Hmm...converse is also true, to understand better you memorise... dammit I'm confused.

Learn the concept, shrink it to a few sentences, then a few words, then rapidly repeat the word(s) that represent the concept(s) by writing it over and over again until its stuck in your head.
i agree with this method
definitely useful
another way is to review it after you read it
ask yourself some questions to show your understanding
studies show people who review have a higher chance of remembering information than those who don't

lucidassembly

HSC
Read notes aloud over and over, then try saying/writing them without looking down at your notes. If you can't do it, keep reading aloud. Always works for me :)

lawrence.h

HSC
asks scientists to turn you into an android so you an upload information into your brain/CPU.

Androids-Dragonball Z!

sparkerasp

HSC
Depends on the most effective way you remember something.

If you remember stuff by listening to it, record yourself speaking your notes or something. If you remember by writing, write it out several times in the format of "look, cover, write, expand, check". If you remember be reading, then read it aloud to yourself, or pretend you're lecturing your notes to people.

emmmy

HSC
how do you get your computer to read it to you?
i thought could only get it to read a sentence or so..

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Effective Memorisation Techniques:

Acronyms
Works best for subjects where you regurgitate the syllabus. I learn almost the entire business studies course through acronyms.

Mnemonics
Similar to acronyms. Useful for learn things in a necessary order. Useful for some Sciences and History.

Repetition
Works for quotes. Put lists up on your wall, and read/speak them to youself everyday. Great for English.

Look Cover Write Check
Most useful for formulas. Definitely usable when studying for Maths.

Teaching Others
If you can teach it, then you must know and understand the content. Reinforces what you know. Good for HSIE type subjects.

This should be enough to get you started.

velzee

In silence let him lie.
HSC
u-borat said:
i like talking to myself. it works a lot faster than writing.
lol same here :) . Its not weird its actually really affective, well for me anyway. In regards to the original question, best way to memorise is finding out which 'sense' works most affectivley for you. [audatory, visual, kinesthetic,etc]

this websites preety good. 77 tips!

http://oedb.org/library/college-basics/hacking-knowledge

mrpet3rr

HSC
I prefer to read it first and then write it out as much as you can. After that test ur self by writing it without looking. My teacher told me writing it out is much better than reading and talking about it as when you are in the exam room ; because you have written it out so many times the pen triggers some part of your brain to remember things . Another method is (works for some people) record your self and put it on ur ipod and listen to it when you go too sleep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)