• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Best way to organise case study info? (1 Viewer)

s8891

HSC
N/A
What is the best way to organise case study information?

1. Should I type information on the business under each syllabus dot point?
OR
2. Just leave it as it appears in the book and just read over it in preparation?
OR
3. Should the case study info be integrated in my notes?

I'm planning to use multiple case studies btw.

What are your thoughts? Also put in your own suggestions on the best method :)

jackl25

HSC
Hiya s8891,

I hope the final year has gone well for you thus far.

All I can recommend is ignoring textbook case studies - imagine your marker, sitting in a pig pen, reading over the thousandth QANTAS case study; something different will be a welcome smack in the face.

For every dot point, you should be able to think of several businesses to which said point applies (or know one business inside and out). I have an obsession with Nokia, so I was confident to answer any question concerning the five topic areas. I got 95 in my Business Studies HSC. :)

All the best.

findx

HSC
Hiya s8891,

I hope the final year has gone well for you thus far.

All I can recommend is ignoring textbook case studies - imagine your marker, sitting in a pig pen, reading over the thousandth QANTAS case study; something different will be a welcome smack in the face.

For every dot point, you should be able to think of several businesses to which said point applies (or know one business inside and out). I have an obsession with Nokia, so I was confident to answer any question concerning the five topic areas. I got 95 in my Business Studies HSC. :)

All the best.
You raise some very good points. Using a case study different from Qantas will certainly give your essay some spark or a 'smack in the face'.

As for your question, I recommend number 1.
Remember to use multiple case studies when making notes and also use different case studies in your essay and it will show you have done research and most likely give you higher marks. However, if you cannot remember just stick to one and make detailed reference to it :)

xamineO

HSC
May I ask, for the case studies will you only need it for your report and the essay? the 25 markers?
You won't need it for short answer, right?
And can you make some up? :p

Examine

same
HSC
May I ask, for the case studies will you only need it for your report and the essay? the 25 markers?
You won't need it for short answer, right?
And can you make some up? :p
Section III (the report) and Section IV (the essay) are marked out of 20, and only Section IV requires the case study, since in Section III they give a hypothetical business situation for you to answer.

Examine

same
HSC
You raise some very good points. Using a case study different from Qantas will certainly give your essay some spark or a 'smack in the face'.

As for your question, I recommend number 1.
Remember to use multiple case studies when making notes and also use different case studies in your essay and it will show you have done research and most likely give you higher marks. However, if you cannot remember just stick to one and make detailed reference to it :)
Currently I have my major case study (Qantas), and then whatever I find in newspapers or the tv I add to my notes.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Also, in your essays you would use 2-3 casestudies etc.

But you wouldn't block it all together right?

findx

HSC
Also, in your essays you would use 2-3 casestudies etc.

But you wouldn't block it all together right?
You could, but then you might end up talking about the 2-3 case studies instead of the answering the question with content
I think breaking it up could be better though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)