Best way to start off an economics essay? (1 Viewer)

Renegader

HSC
I have an essay with two questions, one of which is comparing Australia to China which should only be a quarter of an essay.

Should the introduction be introducing the questions and saying all the points that will be in your essay and in order?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Define key terms, answer the questions, provide general economic data.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It's a genuinely good suggestion. Look for the key words in the question, try to figure out what they're asking, and start off your introduction answering the question directly e.g. defining the term and then elaborating on it, or just giving some kind of good opening to lead into what you're going to talk about.

That being said, your first point of where you have two questions- which section of the exam paper is it from? It sounds like it might be from the short answers rather than the extended/essay response. If that's the case, the number of marks will give you an idea of what it's worth (i.e. anything less than 10 is likely to be short response) in which case they don't need you to do a nice fancy introduction. This is made a bit more ambiguous byt he fact your question is rather open.

Renegader

HSC
I should have mentioned that I'm currently in year 11 and for our assessment worth 10% we have to write a 5 page essay for a case study on China (since China will be our case study in year 12 it will be a good idea to do it in year 11).

So yeah, basically a 5 page essay on a two part question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)