best way to transfer to law/comm @ uMaq (1 Viewer)

Valupatitta

HSC
should i get into commerce at unsw or comm/app fin at maq in order to be relatively easier to be transferred to this course?

thanks

Andi0390

HSC
It won't make a difference in the actual transfer process. Your GPA is averaged with your UAI regardless of the university or degree you go to/do. If you want to transfer then choose a course that you will do better at, to get higher marks and a higher GPA, although remember you have to do it for a year, so you want to be somewhat interested in it.

If you were to attend Maq you would be able to make friends there and get used to the university Also, you wouldn't have to worry so much about credit transfer because I imagine that you courses would be same for comm. Although with Maq you may be required to do irrelevant subjects because of the applied finance - look to see which degree would benefit you better in the long run.

Valupatitta

HSC
so is gpa like ranks? but what if i do like a really easy course? would they take into consideration that im in unsw competiting with smarter people?

Doomah

HSC
so is gpa like ranks? but what if i do like a really easy course? would they take into consideration that im in unsw competiting with smarter people?
there is no such thing as an "easier" course or an easier uni to get HD's.

an arts degree can be hard for an engineering person to get HDs.

similarly a non-analytical person would find it impossible to get HD in engineering. so do whatever you will excel in.

Andi0390

HSC
It doesn't matter if you transfer from Medicine at UNSW or Arts at ACU or whatever - as far as transferring goes you GPA is worth exactly the same.

Your GPA is averaged out to a number like 4.5 or 5.3 or something to that affect, depending on how well you do, then that number is converted into a UAI equivalent, or I guess ATAR equivalent, rank. There is a pdf. in the stickies that has some of the rank conversion info, I believe a GPA of 4 (pass) is equal to about 78 or 79 but check it out - I don't know what effect the new ATAR will have on it but I presume it will just raise a point or two.

So basically play your strengths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)