Best websites to keep up to date with economics? (1 Viewer)

relativity1

HSC
What are the best website to keep up to date with relevant info (and to put info in your long response to look smart) :D

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
If you have foxtel, spend 15-30 min after school watching sky news business. After the markets close at 4pm they have a wrap up of what happened during the day.

swagmeister

HSC
Arguably too advanced/sophisticated/complicated for most HSC Economics students.
To be honest, I loved the Australian Financial Review, subscribed to the weekend edition and found it really interesting. If you're aiming for a SR or otherwise high band 6, it can really help you and provide some great insight.

PS - thanks for all your assistance over the past year mreditor, hoping I am gonna SR myself but I'll find out soon enough haha

Evertone

HSC
I would recommend Michael Janda's articles for updates on statistics. Greg Jericho provides the best commentary on statistics, though. The SMH - and the articles of Michael Pascoe and Ross Gittins in particular - are quite good for a perspective on the big picture issues. While they don't provide much depth, they are a good way of keeping abreast of the general economic issues going on. Bill Mitchell's blog helped me a great deal with the technical concepts and theory (particularly for topics 3 and 4). But my primary source of information was The Conversation's Economy/Business page. Most of my bookmarks are articles from that website.

mreditor16

HSC
To be honest, I loved the Australian Financial Review, subscribed to the weekend edition and found it really interesting. If you're aiming for a SR or otherwise high band 6, it can really help you and provide some great insight.

PS - thanks for all your assistance over the past year mreditor, hoping I am gonna SR myself but I'll find out soon enough haha
My absolute pleasure, swagmeister! It's been a ball assisting a student like you! I really do hope you get that SR! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)