better than school? (1 Viewer)

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Uni workload is much more than HSC
oh crap ... I am hoping that some one will tell me that it is not true (yes, I already know that it is going to be hard & I realise that it is reality but...*sign*)

Last edited:
yea uni is relaxing i do about 19 hrs a week you spend ur time with people that in most cases enjoy what they are doing its not like school where people are pressured to come as for that 1 hr of uni 2 hrs at home i think its a load of shit from my opinion and experiences assesments are a killer i have 4 (havent even started) weighing around 20%each i do Business Management so per week besides lectures and tuts i do about 6-7 hrs study/reading on my own :rolleyes:

Fry

high school is a million times better than uni. I HATE UNI!!!! compared to uni, high school is like being in heaven. there are high costs involved in uni and the workload is extrememly high causing major stress and breakdowns (ive had a few). the worse part for me is going home at night and missing out on my favourite tv shows.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Just look at the top posters ---> Minai, flyin' and Asq... and look at their courses ---> Economics, Actuarial Studies, Law... look at their post count... the workload's overrated! I mean, if we were really pressed for time (for studyin') we wouldn't be here. :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i;ve heard it's a lot less as well

i miss my fave tv shows now! it's almost time when i can become a couch potato..

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
I reckon uni is heaps better than high school, no need to wear uniform & get bossed around by stupid teachers, more independence, the people are better socially, the stuff you learn is heaps more interesting than at school etc

The downsides are the costs (for textbooks & stuff as well as uni fees), travel time if you don't live close to uni, and of course the huge workload compared to the HSC. Still once you've started uni, there's no way you can go back to school again!

Kittycat

HSC
When people say that uni's workload is harder than HSC, like how much more is it? 2x, 3x or 4x more?

jnothman

dismember
HSC
Uni is lots of fun!

It really depends a lot on your course, more on your subjects, a lot on your university and their union, but mostly on you and what you make of uni.

There're so many people, so many things to do at uni... there's everthing... No one's pushing you around as at school... You can sort of be as lazy or as bothered as you like... You can miss classes and no one care, but sitll get the course done if you decide you want to... And there's no one pushing their message upon you like there might be at school (actually, that's a lie, there are plenty at uni, with their flyers, but they have no say in what you do)...

But they're really different things to compare. You miss your school friends, especially if not many go to your uni... Maybe you miss having a simple life. You don't miss the HSC, but you start to learn when to stop and put an effort in because you do have to pass an exam, if not learn, someday....

- Joel

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
ok so u say u miss having a simple life - what do u mean exactly by that?

N

ND

Originally posted by flyin'
Just look at the top posters ---> ... flyin' ... and look at their courses ---> ... Actuarial Studies ... look at their post count...
Look at the other acst'ers post counts: -25 and 0. :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ND
Look at the other acst'ers post counts: -25 and 0. :p
Well, if you check -25 poster, he's almost on 1000 but in disguise. :p

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
Just look at the top posters ---> Minai, flyin' and Asq... and look at their courses ---> Economics, Actuarial Studies, Law... look at their post count... the workload's overrated! I mean, if we were really pressed for time (for studyin') we wouldn't be here. :D
haha i don't think that high post count equals low workload, it just means lots of procrastination :p

nah it's been said before - workload depends on each course !! it's so pointless to ask "so what's the workload like in uni ......"

Originally posted by jnothman
But they're really different things to compare. You miss your school friends, especially if not many go to your uni... Maybe you miss having a simple life. You don't miss the HSC, but you start to learn when to stop and put an effort in because you do have to pass an exam, if not learn, someday....
yeah it was a lot simpler in high school in terms of not really having to worry about your future and things like financial and accomodation matters.

and you're right. your uni experience depends on you and what you make of it

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh ok so yeah i get the simple life thing now
i spose it's something u don't think about in highschool

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Haha. Uni is tops! <3 Of course it's bloody better than school.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Argh u're depressing the high-schoolers!

Uni is brilliant. Or it is if u make it brilliant. I personally love it, but thats because its a course i really enjoy and am surrounded by a lot of great and interesting people. There's lots of opportunitites to get involved, try new things, meet new people - if you don't take them of course it'll be merely a place that is far from home that gives lots of work. Yes it is hard to get organised and stay on top of the work once u dont have teachers there to spoonfeed you, but again, u're gonna have to be independent at some point in ur life, u may as well make the most of it! :D Go with a positive attitude and u'll love it! :D

pri

HSC
N/A
well im lucky den i go to a school which doesnt spoon feed.

oh btw do u guys still have time to join a bunch of clubs/societies?

kaseita

I joined a few - mainly cause I knew ppl in them

personally I think its a waste of time until you figure out whether you have a passion for it or not.
but there's always time :) (just whether your willing to spend your free time on it is another question)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Apparently you are supposed to allocate three hours study time per one hour of contact. (like for 12 contact hours you should have 36 additional self-study hours a week)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)