Better than UWS? (1 Viewer)

melodic_gal

HSC
lol ACU is shit. It has no reputation lol. atleast UWS has a bad reputation. Acu isn't even known by most people lol.

Notre Dam is alright it has a med faculty as well

ACU is 'alright' for edu because u get a job regardless of how shit ur uni is. for other courses quit while ur ahead and go on the dole seriously why is there even a thread on this?

There are 3 tiers in aus uni's

the top G8
alright UTS, MAC, RMIT, QUT etc
u went shit UWS, Wollongong Grifith etc

then

uni's that should be tafes but are there for bogans from bogan areas that need to be there to educate bogans that stay and never leave bogan areas. = newcastle, UNE, ACU, Victoria uni, Southeran queensland uni etc
okay you say acu is shit...
sooo tell me how do you know it is shit?
did you read it somewhere ? did you hear it from somewhere or someone?
whether you got it from.. it really MEANS NOTHING until you have experienced what it is like to study at ACU.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
okay you say acu is shit...
sooo tell me how do you know it is shit?
did you read it somewhere ? did you hear it from somewhere or someone?
whether you got it from.. it really MEANS NOTHING until you have experienced what it is like to study at ACU.
this.

pollydunning

HSC
Actually bachelor of Teaching is generally a post-graduate degree (unless bundled as a double degree) whilst Bachelor of Education is undergraduate. However none is better then the other, and Bachelor of Education is not equivilent to the masters at all, that is why there are so many people that do their masters after there bachelor of education.

Tbh i have heard negative things about Usyds Education degrees, nothing in particular just that they are not that good.

most unis (including ACU) have their education lecturers working on the HSC exams and syllabus, not just USyd

A Bachelor of Education is coupled with an arts degree also. And it is, in fact the same as a Masters of Teaching. Teaching and Education degrees are different. A Masters in Education is a higher qualification than a Masters of teaching, as a Master's of teaching is an add-on to a B Arts, like the Dip-Ed, but instead of being lower than a B Ed it is even. Like a B Ed, a B Arts + MTeach will be about 4 years full time, all it means is that instead of integrating Education subjects with the Arts subjects, they do them afterwards.

When I said that Usyd's staff were involved in the HSC, I think you may have misunderstood. My English Curriculum teacher writes the HSC exam questions. Since the University was created, it has had the greatest link with the Education field, creating the first syllabi and curriculum. What you hear at ACU is jealousy, not fact. You've heard "nothing in particular" that is bad about USyd's Education degrees, but USyd just happens to be the most prestigious and top ranking university in the state and third in the country, while ACU is number 30 in the Australian ranking and doesn't feature in the world ranking at all, while Usyd is ranked 37th in the World. Academic rankings don't lie.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
A Bachelor of Education is coupled with an arts degree also. And it is, in fact the same as a Masters of Teaching. Teaching and Education degrees are different. A Masters in Education is a higher qualification than a Masters of teaching, as a Master's of teaching is an add-on to a B Arts, like the Dip-Ed, but instead of being lower than a B Ed it is even. Like a B Ed, a B Arts + MTeach will be about 4 years full time, all it means is that instead of integrating Education subjects with the Arts subjects, they do them afterwards.

When I said that Usyd's staff were involved in the HSC, I think you may have misunderstood. My English Curriculum teacher writes the HSC exam questions. Since the University was created, it has had the greatest link with the Education field, creating the first syllabi and curriculum. What you hear at ACU is jealousy, not fact. You've heard "nothing in particular" that is bad about USyd's Education degrees, but USyd just happens to be the most prestigious and top ranking university in the state and third in the country, while ACU is number 30 in the Australian ranking and doesn't feature in the world ranking at all, while Usyd is ranked 37th in the World. Academic rankings don't lie.
tbh you sound like some arrogant person who is not willing to look at any other university other then your own and think it is good.

Until you have studied at ACU you do not realise how good it is, i came to the uni at first because it was easier to get to not because is thought it was the best, now that i am there i love it! it is a very very good uni (the only thing i do not like about it is my timetable).

also i would like to see a source that suggests that b of education is in anyway higher then B of teaching because after searching i can not find any information suggesting that one is a better degree then the other.

mishka

HSC
N/A
What it comes down to is whether the Institute of Teachers recognises the course as being suitable for Accreditation. And all of ACU's courses do, so in the end the name of the course has little to say about what you learn about and whether you are more or less suitable for the teaching profession :)

slave to

HSC
N/A
You might find that 8 year olds don't care about the exact nature of your qualification... get the most you can from where you are, there'll still be lots to learn once you start working...

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
Hmmm ACU is better! Number one in Economics thanks to Dr Sarah Wright and Tony Stokes..with 100% employment for graduates..compared to maq where unemployment for economics graduates is hmm 23% as said in the 2010 good universities guide.
Don't believe me? Why don't you call up the faculty of Arts & Sciences at ACU and find out for yourself from Tony or Sarah.

The BT/BA is only offered at ACU now, MAQ got rid of it last year..

Low uai admissions may bring in low ability students, but it doesn't mean they cannot perform..the uai is a rank not a mark.

nward91

HSC
ACU is fantastic - doing a Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Arts (Computing) minoring in technology and economics. Dr Wright is a fantastic teacher.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Hmmm ACU is better! Number one in Economics thanks to Dr Sarah Wright and Tony Stokes..with 100% employment for graduates..compared to maq where unemployment for economics graduates is hmm 23% as said in the 2010 good universities guide.
Don't believe me? Why don't you call up the faculty of Arts & Sciences at ACU and find out for yourself from Tony or Sarah.

The BT/BA is only offered at ACU now, MAQ got rid of it last year..

Low uai admissions may bring in low ability students, but it doesn't mean they cannot perform..the uai is a rank not a mark.
BT/BA is at UNCLE too, it is better at ACU though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)