Bhp Cadetship interview help (1 Viewer)

Matt200

I just found out that the bhp scholarship interview takes 1.5 hours :(. Considering the longest interview i have ever had to undertake has been a 20 minute one for rotary, i really dont know what im going to do....i have so little experience:(

Can anyone out there give me any advice? Any one ever undertaken the actual interview.

icq = 21324015, if can have a chat to me

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hello,
I went through the ATO cadetship program, and the interview was about 1.5 hours. I terminated employment 13 weeks into the program (a whole other story)

Tips for the interview: DO NOT sound like a perecorded interview; you sound fake. I would recommend go overa few basic things they will ask you, i.e. group work, achievements in school, what would you do if you were in a group and the leader wasn't leading the group etc.

Take your time in the interview. I backed mine up with school examples as I was the captain of my school which did help a lot.

Focus more on other things in the interview than grades - they can see your grades by the marks that you send in. Talk about community work, work experience, interest, group work, sport etc.

Also UAI is not EVERYTHING - a friend of mine got a UAI of 99.35 in the cadet program, so in comparison my UAI was low - (mainly cos I was sick on my HSC English exam therefore un-readable). So if you go well in the interview, it can REALLY make you into the cadet program.

Any questions, just ask
Good luck!

Last edited:

jayz

walking
Since u've experienced a long interview, during your interview, did it ever, just stopped and nothing happened 4 a while? and what happened next? what do u do when u stuffed up your answer to a question? do u um... eh... u know... etc? basically how do u minimise chances of looking like an idiot.

sif not 99

i got one with pricewaterhousecoopers (didnt take it up) being a total smart arse and up myself fool, i.e. they asked me what would I take to a deserted island and why, my response my girlfriend so I can have the chance to repopulate..... you need to be able to talk the talk, thats all that counts with these people, or so I have found, they like confidence, proven academic ability as well as a very healthy interest in extra curic activities....if you havent got the extra curic your behind the 8 ball BIG TIME...

also work the HR ppl, be charming, whitty, smart, funny but above all ASK A SHITLOAD OF QUESTIONS, that shows your interested, switched on and know your stuff, the harder and more involving and more obscure questions the better....trust me I know what I am doing I have vacation work at Ernst and Young at the end of the year because I follow this strategy, works every time.....

see the interview as a challenge, an opportunity to meet new ppl and show them what you are made of and above all believe in your own ability to achieve, even if it means walking in and looking like u own the place....

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i heard that not many people apply for the BHP cadetships and last year they couldn't even give all of them away

Matt200

I hope its the same this year then, however i did get a email that read applicant 9 houndred and somthing

sif not 99

damn strait! na just the usual prefect bullshit, getting to state finals of debating and the general safe the world help out shit u do at school i.e. captaining the 2nd XI lol....

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Matt200
I hope its the same this year then, however i did get a email that read applicant 9 houndred and somthing
mabye when they say they couldn't give all of them away they ment that no one was good enough....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)