Big 4 Accounting Firm (1 Viewer)

ChiK

HSC
N/A
hey guys,

I have some questions relating to a career in a Big 4 Accounting firm such as PwC, EY, KPMG, Deloitte.

I would like to know what it's like working in such accounting firms e.g.

- typical graduate starting salary
- opportunities to travel and advance further
- general atmosphere (friendly, competitive?)

ALSO, as a marketing student, can you work in accounting without an accounting degree? e.g. perhaps do the CA program?

Has anyone here done an internship with any of the Big 4, or is anyone already working at a Big 4 firm?

Could you please share some insider information?

fillstar

HSC
I'm not from Big 4 but I know a number of people from there...

1) Grad salaries range from 45-55K pa depending on the division

2) You have the opportunity to do secondment at another office overseas eg. London if approved

3) Though I am somewhat stereotyping this is what I've noticed:
- KPMG are friendly and easy going.
- PWC are very anal on details but highly competent and nice overall.
- E&Y tend to hire extroverts.
- Dont know about Deloitte.

All of them do th e same service lines, pay fairly similar so your choosing cultural fit really between them.

klh

HSC
Im not sure abotu if you are elgible to work in an accounting firm, they may have marketing dep'ts etc. But usually they recruit accounting students, but you can always go th their website and search. I went to the business careers fair for UWS and i think PwC just said oh sorry only accounting students and gave me a brochure?? So I know definately no Management lol.
As fo doing a CA program, that is exclusively for accountants, you need to have a degree in accounting, or an accounting major and to satisfy certain requirements i.e. the units to study. Best go to teh CA site and look for teh subjects you need to do to be able to get into a CA for UWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)