Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
DexJnr said:
Do you think they call your referees or not?
I didn't provide any to EY. I normally put "Available upon request" on my resume.

Last edited:

deakin2009

HSC
anyone heard from deloitte melb?? im thinking tomorrow eh? a bit tough making you sweat it out over the weekend

billbro

HSC
N/A
Huratio said:
I didn't provide any to EY. I normally put "Available upon request" on my resume.
Some of the firms, like PwC make you provide an academic and professional referee on the actual application form.

I haven't heard anything from my referees so at this point they don't seem to have checked mine, but I don't think it would be unreasonable of them to check when they make an offer.

melonkitten said:
i make up my referees.

they never get called
Out of curiosity, what is the point of making up a referee? I mean, I don't think anyone is going to pick a referee that gives the recruiter a bad impression.

Huy

HSC
N/A
PwC were the only ones who required referees on the application form.
The others did not.

As far as I know, none of my referees were called as I didn't supply any other than to PwC. But if they had wanted some, they would ask.

And all referees would say the same thing anyway, so the reference check is a bit useless in my opinion. It's all about the interview and assessment centre activities.

deakin2009

HSC
meh im over waiting for the others...i have been doing zero work. just going to accept KPMG.

Also might grab your opinions on what you think...during my partner interview they asked me where i was at with other firms, now i had received my KPMG offer but didnt let on just said i was in the process.
why do all you guys think?

BeeCom

HSC
deakin2009 said:
meh im over waiting for the others...i have been doing zero work. just going to accept KPMG.

Also might grab your opinions on what you think...during my partner interview they asked me where i was at with other firms, now i had received my KPMG offer but didnt let on just said i was in the process.
Partner at EY, without naming names, told me it doesn't matter either way. (he was a no bullshit, brutally honest guy, which is awesome ^_^). They assume everyone applies for other big4 and have systems in place in case some one rejects their offer - they're not going to go to a "lesser" candidate straight away if a better candidate already has another offer elsewhere, especially EY and PWC because they are the bigger ones have more pulling power.

I would've (and have told interviewers) about my offer and which companies I am interviewing with for moral reasons but I'm sure (especially if the firm you are interviewing for is higher on the food chain) you'll be, at least subconsciously, more "desireable" because another firm is already willing to hire you. That's an achievement in itself. deakin2009 is a scarce resource

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
BeeCom said:
Partner at EY, without naming names, told me it doesn't matter either way. (he was a no bullshit, brutally honest guy, which is awesome ^_^). They assume everyone applies for other big4 and have systems in place in case some one rejects their offer - they're not going to go to a "lesser" candidate straight away if a better candidate already has another offer elsewhere, especially EY and PWC because they are the bigger ones have more pulling power.

I would've (and have told interviewers) about my offer and which companies I am interviewing with for moral reasons but I'm sure (especially if the firm you are interviewing for is higher on the food chain) you'll be, at least subconsciously, more "desireable" because another firm is already willing to hire you. That's an achievement in itself. deakin2009 is a scarce resource
How did you go at EY today BeeCom?

I still haven't heard anything from EY, but I'm pretty sure they said something like offers will be made within a week (I was talking to my manager for too long and missed a bit of the summary at the end that Carina did).

Huy

HSC
N/A
deakin2009 said:

Exactly what I did. KPMG were first off the blocks and ran their assessment centres. They were quick to make an offer and I accepted [I'm in Sydney].

Deloitte and KPMG did ask me whether I had other offers, if I've applied to other Big 4, etc and I just told them the truth (yes, and KPMG made me an offer to Deloitte).

As others have said, they assume you'll apply to all Big 4 and just want to know I guess. I suppose if someone has made you an offer, they're pretty good stuff so they might consider you or keep that in mind or something.

billbro

HSC
N/A
deakin2009 said:

I had a really enjoyable interview, my partner said that whether or not I am applying at another firm has no bearing on my chances. Anyway, I told him I had an interview next week at PwC and in the end they called me up two hours later anyway. I got the folder and the contracts today by courier.

Huratio said:
How did you go at EY today BeeCom?

I still haven't heard anything from EY, but I'm pretty sure they said something like offers will be made within a week (I was talking to my manager for too long and missed a bit of the summary at the end that Carina did).
My friend got an EY offer today. So they've started to make calls back to applicants.

BeeCom

HSC
billbro said:
I had a really enjoyable interview, my partner said that whether or not I am applying at another firm has no bearing on my chances. Anyway, I told him I had an interview next week at PwC and in the end they called me up two hours later anyway. I got the folder and the contracts today by courier.

My friend got an EY offer today. So they've started to make calls back to applicants.
Do you know which service line he applied for?

hoppi10

HSC
quick question..
do all of the big 4 notify when they reject you... i did an interview last week with kpmg but havent heard back... i dont think i will get the offer... but im just wondering if they will call me one way or the other or if they only call people who are receiving an offer..

billbro

HSC
N/A
hoppi10 said:
quick question..
do all of the big 4 notify when they reject you... i did an interview last week with kpmg but havent heard back... i dont think i will get the offer... but im just wondering if they will call me one way or the other or if they only call people who are receiving an offer..
They'll notify you at some point, as to when they would do so... well I don't think anyone here would know. KPMG contacted me very quickly, but I don't know if that is the same for everyone.

hoppi10

HSC
ok thanks
ive heard stories about the graduate process (not vacation)... pkf, mcgrath nicoll etc not calling unsuccessful interviewees... oh well.. the waiting game

dram

i do things
HSC
to give you an example of KPMG's time frames, i had a KPMG assessment on a friday and received a rejection letter on the following tuesday.

hoppi10

HSC
dram said:
to give you an example of KPMG's time frames, i had a KPMG assessment on a friday and received a rejection letter on the following tuesday.
ahh letter..
didnt realise thats how they did it
ok thanks

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
Wuhoo got an offer from EY last night! my #1 preference out of the Big 4.
Stoked..

Thanks for your help Huy :) Appreciate it mate

Last edited:

deakin2009

HSC
anyone with multiple offers just have no idea who to pick? Just received a deloitte offer on top of KPMG i dont know who to accept they are both 8 weeks in tax. Can anyone offer any insight into each firm? would be greatly appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)