Big 4 Accounting Firms Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

sdfjsdkl55

HSC
For me it's all down to one final opportunity with Moore Stephens in Melbourne (had my final interview yesterday). At the end of the day folks it is just an accounting internship, obviously a great opportunity, but definately not the end of the world.
Have learnt that the cultures of the Big 4 definately don't appeal to me and that I'm more suited to a mid-tier firm/small firm atmosphere. My preference is to have the opportunity to work in tax, auditing, consultancy, even a bit of financial planning. We're all different and have different preferences, and it's nothing against the Big 4. To all those who did get offers congratulations, but for those who missed out, use this opportunity to improve your resume, gain new skills and experience, and to work out what you need to improve on to help you gain a graduate or other vacation work position.

All the best with exams!

Last edited:

Demandred

HSC
For those who have accepted their offers, what happens now? We just play the waiting game until November/Dec?

billbro

HSC
N/A
Demandred said:
For those who have accepted their offers, what happens now? We just play the waiting game until November/Dec?
I think so, most of the firms indicated that apart from keeping in touch now and then - there really isn't any interaction till the end of the year.

Then again I haven't accepted yet myself, so not really sure. Well one thing that does happen apart from EY (since they received the independence forms with the offer) is that you have some additional forms to fill out.

Seems like I will most likely head to PwC because the division gives me much greater exposure. I can't help but like the KPMG culture more though and they organised time for the lead banking partner to have a chat with me - opposed to a new manager at PwC.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Pretty much just sit around and play the waiting game until work starts.

Good luck with your decision billbro.

billbro

HSC
N/A
Huy said:
Pretty much just sit around and play the waiting game until work starts.

Good luck with your decision billbro.
Thanks Huy, practically decided but a few more days of consideration never hurts.

HSC
billbro said:
I think so, most of the firms indicated that apart from keeping in touch now and then - there really isn't any interaction till the end of the year.

Then again I haven't accepted yet myself, so not really sure. Well one thing that does happen apart from EY (since they received the independence forms with the offer) is that you have some additional forms to fill out.

Seems like I will most likely head to PwC because the division gives me much greater exposure. I can't help but like the KPMG culture more though and they organised time for the lead banking partner to have a chat with me - opposed to a new manager at PwC.
if u like the kpmg culture more, i'd consider doing a vaccie there and asking to go to a similar div within kpmg. Maybe let them know your thoughts now and see what they are willing to do

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
pete_mate said:
must have had managers on that were in a busy patch or something. Ours took us out after the drinks to cargo bar where they bought us heeaps of drinks.
hey pete_mate

how'd your run with MacqBank end up?

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
ive got an interview with hall chadwick on wed. not a big 4, but still heaps well known. *fingers crossed*

billbro

HSC
N/A
ifsonotso_100 said:
if u like the kpmg culture more, i'd consider doing a vaccie there and asking to go to a similar div within kpmg. Maybe let them know your thoughts now and see what they are willing to do
I don't believe that is viable, Risk Advisory/Internal audit positions tend to be limited. The lead banking partner, suggested I can transfer later on, but when I can slot into the position immediately at PwC - there isn't much point.

Culture is dependant on the people you work with in your group, so it is bound to vary even if the firm-wide culture seems nice.

Huy

HSC
N/A
How about the Xmas hols?

KPMG is Dec 23 to Jan 12, '09.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)