• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Big Day Out 2007! (1 Viewer)

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
bubz :D said:
Didn't see any fights break out, except when we first walked out of the station ahha and some idiot was being restrained by the transit officers... other than that, I didn't see anything happen... I was really impressed by the crowd.
I didn't see any fight the whole day. The crowd was generally well behaved besides the occasional 'create-a-ring and have a mass fake fight' thing that was going on at the V stage.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
katietheskatie said:
haha i had the bright idea to wear thongs to a hanson concert .. rabid 100kg hanson fans jumping on my feet. not cool.
yeah.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
ahh this was good... i got there at about 3 (missed out on trivium, but i only wanted to see them because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNLDLyeepVs), i saw a bit of the herd (always good), then went down and watched eskimo joe, jbt (better than i expected), the killers, jet (wandered off during t hose two) and muse which i really enjoyed. spectacular fucking light show! and they played crowd pleasers although i was a bit sad that they didnt play muscle museum which i love.

someone dropped a 'pill' near me, and the boiler room was freaky. also a tiny bit sad that i missed little birdy but muse was my main priority for the day.

we left at about 11 and a bunch of people were rushing somewhere, maybe there was trouble but i dunno. it was a good day :) and cool weather is very conductive to crowds :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
just zelda and wii sports - i signed up to a rental site, though. its sexy time. $30/month, 2 games out at one time, unlimited times per month

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
saw:
Lily Allen: didn't really do much for me at all. although her stabs at jet were humourous
Peaches: fucking amazing. fucking!!!!!!!! i went a little nuts with my dancing. and she played operate!!!!!!!!%$#@#$@^&
Spank Rock: i basically saw them packing up cause of their short set due to the absence of one of their mc's :confused:
Diplo: all hail. diplo was fucking great!!!!
Muse: saw 2 or 3 songs but was too far back and couldnt even see the screen so left. they sounded amazing though. my friend was right up the front in the mosh :(
Justice: saw the middle of their set. orgasmic. but didn't really want to spoil it for tonight
Lupe Fiasco: fucking amazing. i was really really impressed

all in all a really great day. had heaps of fun :D

HSC
melimoo said:
saw:
Peaches: fucking amazing. fucking!!!!!!!! i went a little nuts with my dancing. and she played operate!!!!!!!!%$#@#$@^&
fuck, i know :eek: i was so stoked when that came on

HSC
Mike Ockisard said:
im not a fan of peaches..........i dont understand what's so good about a song thata just continually says 'rock show'

oh well

eahc to their own
more like

rock show
you came to see a rock show
a big gigantic cock show
you came to see it all
rock show
you came to hear it
you came to sneer it
you came to do it all

do you wanna get it for credit forget it don't bet it call in the medic it's pathetic you've gotta let it go

let's go, rock showwww :eek:

rock show
you came to see a rock show
this ain't a fucking talk show
you came to see it all
rock show
you came to fear it
you came to sear it
you came to do it all

rock show, lets go rock show, lets go rock show, come onnnnnnnnn

etc.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
melimoo said:
Lily Allen: didn't really do much for me at all. although her stabs at jet were humourous
yeah i really liked lily but yeah there was just something about her set that wasnt all THAT enjoyable, it was a lot of the crowd being boring cunts and not singing along, just standing there or whatever... even through fucking smile and alfie. kids, if yr just gonna stand there, let the people who wanna dance through!
melimoo said:
peaches was awesome, i really enjoyed her set, very entertaining, though i didnt know a lot of her songs :shy: and plus cunts kept getting on each others shoulders and stuff so i didnt get to see evrything
melimoo said:
Spank Rock: i basically saw them packing up cause of their short set due to the absence of one of their mc's :confused:
didnt see these guys, but lauren said both their MCs were MIA?
melimoo said:
Diplo: all hail. diplo was fucking great!!!!
haha the only reason i came over to diplo is i misread the big set times screen and thought the streets were playing at the hot house :shy: so i caught the last bit of diplo and then when you guys were like "lolz hot chip" i was like "fuckkk". thought i might stay around for a bit then when they weren't there i rememebred that katie said they were way late for their gold coast show so i went over to the streets, was a great set, everyone was getting into it, i fucking lol'd at all the flag stuff, mike was like "LOLS GET DOWN IF U <3 FLAGS!" "I LOVE FLAGS TOO!" etc :rofl:
melimoo said:
Muse: saw 2 or 3 songs but was too far back and couldnt even see the screen so left. they sounded amazing though. my friend was right up the front in the mosh :(
i knew i had no chance of getting a good spot to see these guys, especially as i rocked up like halfway through their set lol, so i only stayed around for like 4 songs. and heaps of people had pulled that plasticy stuff off the ground and fashioned it into stools so they could see above the crowd. what i saw of muse though, they were fantastic.
melimoo said:
Justice: saw the middle of their set. orgasmic. but didn't really want to spoil it for tonight
caught the last 30ish minutes of their set, really enjoyed it, justice has really good djing skills and a great selection of tracks, but really at the end of the day it was just a DJ set (albeit a very very good one)
melimoo said:
Lupe Fiasco: fucking amazing. i was really really impressed
didn't see him. idk when he was on, i think it was during the presets?

anyway i caught the end of evermore's set when they were playing "running", the arena was pretty damn packed for them, would have really liked to have caught more of their set. oh well.

caught the killers, like one or two songs of theirs, but again i turned up at the wrong time so i was kidding myself if i was going to get a good spot. but they seemed really good.

the presets! oh my gods. i went to justice half an hour early (he was playing directly before the presets) so i could get a good spot, pretty much ended up right in the middle about three or four rows back, this was the second time i had seen the presets (first was at field day) and they were seriously THAT good. i think they just played better this time around, i got heaps into it, the shirt i was wearing was absoltely drenched, and so was the kasabian one i had tucked into my pants haha. that beer afterwards was so satisfying. mmm.

but yeah had a great time. the lines for the drinks were very :( but that didnt really bother me as i dont drink much at music concerts. and there were dudes pissing in the fire hydrants and in the corner of the toilets cos they cbf waiting a few seconds. ew.

but anyway, happy hottest 100 day everyone :wave:

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
oh such fucking good memories. rock show was good and fuck the pain away i was screaming and bouncing around like there was no tomorrow

and justice WAS amazing. so many climactic moments. i felt like fucking everyone in the room

well, maybe not, but i'm trying to express the unexpressible here... :eek:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
A guard kept firing the hose point blank at a group of girl adjacent to me all throughout Jet. funny as hell.

That was so not funny if you were like me and you were watching TOOL at the D barrier bar just a bit between the two stages. My mate Mitch [he's littleish like me] and I just kept ducking for cover. IT WAS COLD. AND HE DID IT 3 TIMES THE FUCKTARD. Anyway...

It was a fucking awesome day, despite a friend of mine starting to drink at 7am on the train, pissed by 9am, barely sober by 1pm... :) sorry if she like attacked anyone from BOS... [had to apologise to a million people]

Saw: Afra + Incredible Beatbox Band, Sick Puppies, half of Trivium [mainly heard, bahh for tall people], half of the Butterfly effect, Scribe, MCR, Eskimo Joe [boring], John Butler Trio YAY FOR HIPPIES!, The Killers [awwwww], Jet [boring], Muse, & Tool. Yep Yep Yep, that meant I was standing up at the D barrier for most of the day from 2pm > Tool at 10:30pm ^_^

Man I loved Muse and Tool, SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. Twas also my first BDO :)

Would have liked to have seen: Something for Kate, Red Riders, The Vines, Lily Allen, + The Streets.

Bahahaha I saw a photographer climb up on the landing of the D barrier and then a security guard kicked him in the backside, ahahaha

:)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
bahhhh... man, yesterday was quite a rad day. highlights were lily allen, peaches, the streets, muse, tool.... and i quite enjoyed the violent femmes (although i was too overwhelmed after being quite close in D for muse and tool).

haha fucking peaches! my god... everything about it was epic. especially the insane throwing of intruments. and how she caught the pink jacket.

muse and tool were fucking mad... i dont care about the elitist fucks. given that i havnt really been in love with either of these bands in a long long time. i really enjoyed it (but i was really fucked up at the time, and the insane crowd pushing bullshit got a bit much). especially when the old stuff happened! i cant believe tool played opiate... of all accounts, tool @ bdo > tool @ their sideshow.

wsup to matty c, meldizzle, nick and lauren. ;);) :wave: <3

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Purp|e said:
i quite enjoyed the violent femmes (although i was too overwhelmed after being quite close in D for muse and tool)
more like overhyped after being quite doped up on E

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
luscious-llama said:
That was so not funny if you were like me and you were watching TOOL at the D barrier bar just a bit between the two stages. My mate Mitch [he's littleish like me] and I just kept ducking for cover.
YES I was there, couldn't even breathe, or worse I couldn't see anything! Then some idiot behind me started to mosh :confused: which practically felt like I was being side-humped.

Besides that and the emos in the way, it was a good day, muse was Godly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)