Big Day Out 2008 (1 Viewer)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i am actually glad i am not going now. can't believe bjork pulled out, that is insane!

HSC
brand new weren't shit as such, they were just like .. idk, they just played all new stuff. i just wanted to hear seventy times seven or the quiet things that no-one ever knows :(

sXcGuRl69aU

I'M BREAKING LOLZ
HSC
brand new? um i didnt really know most of their shit but i enjoyed them

blasko was just so good hey :eek:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Nothing like BDO to highlight how horrible the Aussie music scene is these days. And as I say every time I go, fuck bogans. Fuck them all. No joke, after ALL OF WHICH ARE AMERICAN DREAMS when Know Your Enemy finished someone started chanting Aussie Aussie Aussie. Cringeworthy. And booing off Arcade Fire as well :(

Fantastic
-Nightwatchman.
Morello's acoustic set, where I didn't really expect much, completely blew me away. When he got into Bush I was like "oh here we go", then he says that he really supports and appreciates Australian music and again I'm thinking bullshitttt... but then he combines both these things and pulls out an incredible cover of Dirty Deeds with new lyrics which was fantastic. Then he gets guys from Anti-Flag and they do an amazing acoustic version of Beds Are Burning. Wow. So good.

Good
-RATM
Needless to say, great once again, although my position sucked as I was heaps back. The D barricade is one of the worst things ever. Plus the setlist was exactly the same as the sideshow, except they took out Wake Up which is one of my fave songs :(
- Dizzee Rascal
Would probably be better if I knew more of his songs.

Average
- Arcade Fire
Very very meh. Although this probably was due to where I was standing in proximity to the stage, I was really disappointed.

Bad
- Midnight Juggernauts
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
- UNKLE
Wtf are these guys trying to do? I can't tell if they're hard rock, electro or dance and it's really annoying. Plus their songs are really boring.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
she just wanted a daddy for her baby :(
btw slava saw u but i was lyk 'lolz im not there' so he was too scared to say hi.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I didn't have the energy to be on the ground for RATM since I stayed up way too late the night before. But from where I was in the stands there was not a square inch of grass to be seen. And towards the end of Killing in the Name (at the "fuck you I won't do what you tell me" bit) when they shone the heaps bright lights and you could see everyone jumping like crazy with their arms in the air...spectacular.

I too liked Tom Morello, especially how he was really getting the crowd into it. Fantastic musician. lol @ those chanting "ooh, aah, Tom Morello, I said ooh aah Tom Morello."

Also props to cityrail for getting everyone out of there so efficiently. I walked straight onto a train.

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Josh Pyke and Kate Nash (who started off my day) were solid.

Belles will Ring were pretty good and the V stage was the perfect place to chill.

Dizzee Rascal was cool cause I was only in there for four songs but they were the only songs I knew so it was perfect timing. Only time I was in the Boiler Room (fuck BDO for putting Rage and LCD Soundsystem on at the same time).

Spoon wasn't bad but I'd already seen them at the Arcade Fire sideshow so it was pretty meh, Bridezilla were fucking annoying and the end of Tom Morello's Nightwatchman thing was pretty cool cause of the cover of Beds are Burning with the dude from Anti-Flag. Augie March was decent, I've seen them before and they're just kinda meh.

Best part of the day was sitting against the fence of Monster Skate Park and seeing like twenty kids jump over us from the outside and get chased by cops. Very lulz worthy.

I missed Battles which I'm bummed about but extreme circumstances prevented it :(

Arcade Fire and Rage weren't bad. The former was much much better at the sideshow, better venue & acoustics. The latter were just fun :p

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
fuck best day ever

> dizzee, good - but already saw him
> spoon, yeah, not really into it
> PNAU, holy fucking crap this was amazing
> Battles, holy fucking crap this was amazing
> Arcade Fire, holy fucking crap this was amazing
> RATM, holy fucking crap this was amazing, except i missed killing in the name of because i got sick and had to leave about 3 songs from the end :(:(:( but i heard it and pulled myself back together
> carl cox, yeah, cool

> nangs @ enmore fuck yeah

Chris.

HSC
Dumsum said:
Also props to cityrail for getting everyone out of there so efficiently. I walked straight onto a train.
be thankful you dont live in the western suburbs..

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Operator Please:

Seen them live twice already. I don't really dig their songs (i don't mind 'ghost' and 'get what you want') but I can't fault them live as they have pretty good stage presence for people so young. And Sarah (Keyboards) dances so funny, like Elaine from seinfeld. It's cute. However, I got raped. So I'm not happy about that. At all. Like seriously what the fuck. Seriously WHAT...THE...FUCK

girl: eyyy do u need a gf

me: .....no

girl: *leans in for kiss*

*me turns head away*

*her grabs my head and kisses me*

me: ahhhhh wtf

10 mins later she is seen puking in the middle of the crowd (DUE TO ALCOHOL GUYS NOT ME :( )

best song: Ghost

rating: 3/10

Something with numbers:

Now these guys are good live. I don't know much of their songs, but they know how to work a crowd and perform their songs well. Everyone seemed really into it and having fun. Would have been better if I knew most of their songs but 'Apple of my eye' went off.

Best song: apple of my eye

rating: 4.5/10

Faker:

Good stage set up. I knew 2 of their songs. Thought the songs were very average beforehand. They had no stage presence (except during 'hurricane' the lead singer climbed the rafters and sang from there (probably a desperate attempt to arouse a rather dead crowd). Weren't impressed. Rather boring.

best song: This heart attack

rating: 2/10

Funktrust DJ's:

Played some great songs like 'saturate' by The Chemical Brothers. They always have great track selection when I see them. Other than that, just a DJ set to get people dancing.

best song: saturate - chem bros

rating: n/a - just a regular dj set tbh, a good one though.

Dizzee Rascal:

Seems like all the BDO acts were better at their sideshows. Well, figures as the crowd would have been smaller and more relaxed, allowing people room to dance around and enjoy themselves, everyone wins.

This was crowded as fuck. I had room though because we were pretty far right of the stage, up front but far right so couldn't really see much. He didn't do 'where da gs' which was dissapointing but he was awesome nonetheless. Again, went insane when 'sirens' and 'ol skool' came on which were def amongst the highlights of the day. Seriously, if anyone had fun at his set at BDO, they should have seen the sideshow :wow::wow::wow: amirite miss mellimoooo? :D

best song: ol skool

rating: 8/10

Midnight Juggernauts:

Getting to the orange stage from the boiler room was hard. Took awhile and we missed out on almost half of this set. Which sucked because I love the juggers. I missed my fav song of theirs (road to recovery) and didn't get to dance to 'raised by wolves' because was too busy trying to get down the stairs to orange stage.

Into the galaxy and tombstone were heard and subsequently danced too. Fun songs but the position I was at sucked as the people around me weren't too into it. Would have LOVED to be in the mosh for this. Were alot better at field day, homebake being their best set so far (that i've seen) though.

best song: tombstone

rating: 6/10

PNAU:

Expected alot since their Homebake set was absolutely breathtakingly brilliant. Did not let me down one bit. They started off their amazing set with 'Wild Strawberries' and had the coolest animations on screen, while they had a dude dressed as a strawberry jumping around on stage (they bought out many other costumes as well which was so cool). They even bought the dude from sleepy jackson up with 'With you forever' which is a song that I adore.

Had the most fun of the day during this set. Was so damn good. I fucked my feet up from dancing too much but it can't be helped. These guys are fan-fucking-tastic. I wish all the people I knew there were together for this set though, fuck it was so good.

Best song: With you forever, wild strawberries

rating: 9/10

Hilltop Hoods:

missed most of the set again, couldn't be bothered going down the floor so just stayed in the seating area. The best part about this time was sitting down, it felt great. Nosebleed section and long road home were the last 2 songs. They seemed to do a good job. The mosh looked like crazy fun. I'm not too into these guys but they don't seem bad live at all.

best song: nosebleed section

rating: 4/10

Goodwill:

Heard him from sitting outside the boiler room though. But very noteworthy as his track selection sounded great. "my people' by presets. "Salmon dance' by chem bros. Awesome. Woulda rathered be in there but needed further sitting down.

UNKLE:

Again, another artist who were absolutely amazing at their side show. Not as much at BDO. Their set was entirely different, they didn't do much hard rock sound at their sideshow but felt the need to do it here. I'm not complaining though it was good, just not as good as sideshow. Lonely souls was amazing. Restless went off. Didn't stay for rabbit in your headlights.

Best song: Lonely souls (that says alot because 'restless' is my fav song by them and was def the best at the sideshow)

rating: 6.5/10

The Arcade Fire:

geez, we knew what we were in store for crowd wise. Didn't really get the hear 'keep the car running' as we were too busy fighting through the crowd during it.

We got into a decent spot (albeit far from the stage they were on) for 'no cars go' and the rest of their set which ended with 'rebellion' they sounded great just we were really in a shitty position for it. That and some fucking bogans behind us (def only their for rage) felt the need to disrespect the arcade fire and their fans by runing their set for those around them by chanting 'TITS. OUT. FOR THE BOYS TITSOUTFORTHEBOYS' over and over again, and 'fuck off the stage!' and 'BOOOOOO' and 'these guys fucking suck' (prob didn't even listen to them).

Seriously I hope they got hurt badly.

Best song: rebellion

rating: 6/10

Rage Against The Machine:

It felt rather surreal seeing them tbh. I was hecticly tired by this stage. Bogans were pushing up trying to get the front (HEY UR NOT UP THE VERY FRONT. FACE IT AND ENJOY THE FUCKING MUSIC DONT RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE AND CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOU YOURSELF AND OTHERS WONT HAVE AS MUCH FUN)

Seriously I could just put on a RATM CD and push my buddies around and have the same experience. But this is pretty much the last fucking chance people have of seeing them live. Save the hecticness for later, people would rather see em live and have the best time of their fucking lives then also be distracted by trying not to fall over and standing their ground while cunts fall into them because some selfish embrassment-to-humanity can't face the fact that he is not at the front (YOU CAN STILL HEAR THE FUCKING MUSIC)

After testify and bulls on parade (which would have been so fucking better without the crowd) the place calmed down, cept some fucking idiots started one of those lame death circles.

If i had room to rock out during bulls on parade i would have had so much fun, but i could barely even move my arms.

Again, I still couldn't believe i was watching RATM live.

When they played sleep now in the fire they must have played the DJ screw remix (DJ screw created screwed and chopped style of music which is famous in texas mostly for slowing the tempo)

Would have been better if sleep now in the fire was regular speed but it sounded very slow and different.

Killing in the name of was fun, awesome etc. Everyone went crazy.

Best song: bulls on parade....THEN killing in the name of

rating: 8/10

Best act: PNAU (imo because i had the most fun there) maybe if all the cunts in the crowd werent there for RATM it would have been them. The ratings etc are no solid reflection on the acts themselves as its not their fault they attract REALLY REALLY SHIT PEOPLE

Overall Festival rating: 8/10

Splendour remains the best ive been too so far.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Tulipa said:
Went to their show at the enmore last night and they didn't play anything from My Favorite Weapon but I knew they wouldn't, they never do at shows these days. It was still fun though.
Strange. At the show I went to here they played a great mix of old and new stuff. They played for hours. Possibly days.

Chris.

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
Splendour remains the best ive been too so far.
splendour crowd will always be better than BDO crowd because there are no over patriotic bogans around. too bad it costs alot more

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
melimoo said:
fuck best day ever

> dizzee, good - but already saw him
> spoon, yeah, not really into it
> PNAU, holy fucking crap this was amazing
> Battles, holy fucking crap this was amazing
> Arcade Fire, holy fucking crap this was amazing
> RATM, holy fucking crap this was amazing, except i missed killing in the name of because i got sick and had to leave about 3 songs from the end :(:(:( but i heard it and pulled myself back together
> carl cox, yeah, cool

> nangs @ enmore fuck yeah
loalz.

yeah, it was an awesome day... best BDO i've been to, i believe. PNAU to Battles to Arcade fire to RATM was possibly the best thing ever. even without bjork it was epic.

funniest moment was running back into rage for killing in the name of and ending up in a circle of big shirtless guys beating on each other screaming 'fuck you i wont do what ya tell me'

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
im watching the video i took for dizzee - ol skool and cracking up

its fkn all over the place

i still cant get over how amazing PNAU were.

so glad i got to see everyone i knew that was there:

got to see:

ash <3
melli <3
ben <3
polllllll <3
purple <3
and some non bos people <3

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)