Big W tips (1 Viewer)

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Hey guys,

Any tips for an interview at Big W? They finally called me!!:)

thanks peoples!!!

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
i had my bigw interview a month ago & i got in, they will ask you stuff about your previous employment what was the best part about working at _______ what was the worst part about working at _________.

they will also ask you questions about group work & the time when you had to do an achievment in a short amount of time.

dress smart. dont say your going on holiday, dont say stupid stuff, bring a copy of your resume, birth cert, & other achievments that you have

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
wevil said:
i had my bigw interview a month ago & i got in, they will ask you stuff about your previous employment what was the best part about working at _______ what was the worst part about working at _________.

they will also ask you questions about group work & the time when you had to do an achievment in a short amount of time.

dress smart. dont say your going on holiday, dont say stupid stuff, bring a copy of your resume, birth cert, & other achievments that you have
shizzes, i got no work exp (apart from that silly yr10 job at a legal firm for work exp..) :(

Guess I'll have to talk about my volunteering jobs?

Hey, about dressing smart, reckon 'neat casual' is ok?

I think wearing a suit is overkill for a checkout/stock operator guy...

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
well i wore a long sleeved shirt, tie & black pants & i got a nightfill job

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Eagles said:
shizzes, i got no work exp (apart from that silly yr10 job at a legal firm for work exp..) :(

Guess I'll have to talk about my volunteering jobs?

Hey, about dressing smart, reckon 'neat casual' is ok?

I think wearing a suit is overkill for a checkout/stock operator guy...
smart casual yeah.. more on the smart side.
They usually have a questionaire thing which they ask (well they asked me) about a certain situation you were in where **** happened (they have a whole list) and you have to tell them about a time you were in a similar situation and how you fixed the problem, how you went about doing it and what the result was and stuff... so be prepared for a few of those id say..

when is the interview?

click here

to see my profile
HSC
how long does the interview last?
is it group interviews?
also aree the questions easy to bullshit through?

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
yeah they are heaps easy to bullshit through... if they are the situation ones just make something up, they dont check it.
They are usually individual interviews but they are all on the same day, you do a group test, a personality test or something, you all sit in the same room and do that.
Interviews are usually 30 mins i think, they arent overly long.
i dunno i cant remember, i had my interview 3-4 years ago

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
ok well heres the procces that got me the job.

i applied for nightfill online in mya & they sent me a letter saying we will get in touch with you

in mid july lisa called me to do the acuracy test. i did the test & i answered 35 questions in 5 minutes.

a week later lisa calls me to say my interview is on a friday.

I had my interview & it took 30 minutes. The interviewer didnt understand 1 answer i said so i had to recap what i did.

then 11 days later BIGW called me to say i go the job

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
wevil said:
ok well heres the procces that got me the job.

i applied for nightfill online in mya & they sent me a letter saying we will get in touch with you

in mid july lisa called me to do the acuracy test. i did the test & i answered 35 questions in 5 minutes.

a week later lisa calls me to say my interview is on a friday.

I had my interview & it took 30 minutes. The interviewer didnt understand 1 answer i said so i had to recap what i did.

then 11 days later BIGW called me to say i go the job
hmm.. the accuracy test as in the recognising numbers and the orders?

I finished it :)

Thou my answer of why you wanted to work for Big W is abit suss..

Yay! Just got called :) interview is on wednesday

Last edited:

karpov

HSC
N/A
30 mins to interview a single person?? why so long?

wevil

fuck u dicks i have left
HSC
N/A
_muse_ said:
why didnt they understand any answer you said?

because they would only understand it if they were in my shoes

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
well.. they didn't do any of that bs in the group interview.. jst 3 tasks

1. form groups of 6 with unknown people and introduce them to the marking dude
2. fill out the priorities of the stores
3. market a product

individual:
1. write transcript for response for raincheck
2. 2-3minute interview.. asking what makes you think you will do good at this position.

and thats it.. no replies yet:(

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Eagles said:
well.. they didn't do any of that bs in the group interview.. jst 3 tasks

1. form groups of 6 with unknown people and introduce them to the marking dude
2. fill out the priorities of the stores
3. market a product

individual:
1. write transcript for response for raincheck
2. 2-3minute interview.. asking what makes you think you will do good at this position.

and thats it.. no replies yet:(
how u write this transcript ??

Sugar10

HSC
I had an interview two weeks ago & just was notified I was successful. While the interview wasn’t hard, I really felt mine went horribly wrong but I must of done something right.

The first activity we did involved a packet of cards and sharing them around and choosing one that suited us, they had clowns, the world, birds, baby etc and we had to say why we chose it and why we want to work in Big W. Make sure your quick at choosing and thinking of a response though. Your table is given a moderator, so focus your answer at them and make sure your original, having five other people say the same exact thing doesn’t make you very memorable. One of the guys in my group picked a card with birds on them and said he chose that because birds fly together and he enjoys working in a team, something that shows who you are and skills would work well.

A team activity is one that your given a list of situations that occur at work, you loose your name tag, it’s your lunch break, there’s been a spillage, etc. Your team has a few minutes to order what should be taken care of in the right order. I volunteered to read the list out loud and made sure I put my own opinions in but also made sure that I was clearly respecting everyone’s suggestions. This is your main chance of showing that you work well in a team, so listen and don’t be afraid to speak up.

Afterwards is a speed accuracy test. It’s easy, just concentrate and be quick. You’re also given a situation that may occur at work, you need to write a response of what you would say to the customer etc.

You than go outside and fill out your availability, desired position and location preferences while waiting for the single interviews. Also a short paragraph of why you want to work at Big W. The single interviews are straightforward, because I had no previous experience mine were all school related questions. Achievements I had made, times I had underachieved etc.

Well that’s how was my interview was like, just make sure your bubbly and confident and you will be fine. :)
They call you in about two weeks if your only sucessful.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)